The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Yorkshire Terrier

Mrs Michelle Dodd

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone
My Yorkshire Terrier has just ran out the front door and ended up trying to get back in going the back way via a shared alley with my neighbour. She has cctv in the shared alleyway so i assume she has seen him come up the alley and she proceeded to open her back gate where the dog started to bark at her. She shouted im calling the police the dog is vicious. He has never done anything like this before. I rent my property and she has been like this since i moved in she called the police as a delivery driver parked slightly over her driveway. Is there anything she can do about the incident ? Thanks

Im sorry to hear this. When did this happen ? She might change her mind about ringing the police. Even if the police come , I doubt they would do much except take a statement.

Im sorry to hear this. When did this happen ? She might change her mind about ringing the police. Even if the police come , I doubt they would do much except take a statement.
It happened at 10.20 this evening . If ahe doesnt ring the police im pretty sure she will ring the estate agent i rent the house from.

Well, if the agent contacts you, you could just explain the dog was stressed and barked at her. If she pushes it further you could ask to see her cctv evidence.

I would do a couple of thing. First, take steps to ensure your Yorkie can't get out again. This might involve keeping a free-standing stairgate or similar in front of the door, so that you can close it behind you when going out. Or train her to go to a bed some distance from the door when you leave the house (make sure she doesn't think she has to stay there until you come home though!). Then, if your neighbour does complain, you can demonstrate to the police/landlord that you're taking steps to avoid this happening again.

Second, make a note every time your neighbour does/says/threatens something unreasonable. Then, if she complains, you can give evidence that she has previous history of being unreasonable.

Make sure you smile sweetly and apologise to her when she's unreasonable (nothing OTT, just 'Oh, I'm sorry - I'll sort it now, isn't it a lovely day?') rather than giving as good as you can get. Keep the moral high ground.

Welm she had reported me to the police and the estate agents. The estate agent called to say she had complained i let the dog out to do its business in the alleyway on purpose and she was viciously attacked by the fog and its threaded her dressing gown. The agent said she is entitled to use the bin when she likes in the alley and she is warning me to keep the dog on a lead and be respectful to my neighbour. I am waiting to see if the police visit.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back