The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Natural Greatness vs other dog foods

mdkel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone,

Been a while since I post here, I have been betwen jobs so it's been challeging...

I'm going to change zappa's food, thinking of natural greatness, anyone has any fedback on this ???

Thanks

It does not look too special to me, there are a lot of grains and fillers in a lot of their products from what I can see at a quick glance. (Wheat, maize/corn, Barley, Rice, and beet pulp).
I'm sure there are better products.
Someone is bound to come along and help you.

so, i think you live in Spain if so then there is a brand that is good called Orijen.

It does not look too special to me, there are a lot of grains and fillers in a lot of their products from what I can see at a quick glance. (Wheat, maize/corn, Barley, Rice, and beet pulp).
I'm sure there are better products.
Someone is bound to come along and help you.

What Better products would you advise??

Sorry, Nature Diet is also a great brand and i think you can buy it and have it delivered to your address. Also a raw diet is really good :)

Sorry, Nature Diet is also a great brand and i think you can buy it and have it delivered to your address. Also a raw diet is really good :)
No worries. I've been thinking about a raw diet, but I am affraid of it , can't really tell why though

I have fed raw to our dogs for over 35 years probably 40. It is so easy to use and feed, but you do need a freezer. Don't worry about feeding a balanced diet every day, with a good variety of meat offal and bones, the product balances itself over a period of a few weeks.

If you would like some reassurance and good advice about the raw feeding, my favorite suggestion would be that you purchase a fantastic little book for as little as 1p on Amazon "Honey's Natural Feeding Handbook for Dogs", this little book is easy to read and understand. You can also get this book completely FREE if you get onto the "Honeys" website, you will not get any further emails from them to buy any of their products!
My second favorite small book is "Works Wonders" feed your dog on raw meaty bones, By Tom Lonsdale. Amazon again.

I have fed raw to our dogs for over 35 years probably 40. It is so easy to use and feed, but you do need a freezer. Don't worry about feeding a balanced diet every day, with a good variety of meat offal and bones, the product balances itself over a period of a few weeks.

If you would like some reassurance and good advice about the raw feeding, my favorite suggestion would be that you purchase a fantastic little book for as little as 1p on Amazon "Honey's Natural Feeding Handbook for Dogs", this little book is easy to read and understand. You can also get this book completely FREE if you get onto the "Honeys" website, you will not get any further emails from them to buy any of their products!
My second favorite small book is "Works Wonders" feed your dog on raw meaty bones, By Tom Lonsdale. Amazon again.

My problem with raw is I do not know a lot about it, and I am affraid I would do something wrong. I already discussed this with JudyN and she helped me a lot. I read a lot it's the way to go, but I can't really see why it is so good and healthier to our pets. maybe you can help me with your own experience? I guess what I am saying is I need to be convinced :D

It is not just "The way to go" but the way our dogs have evolved over a long period of time and thousands of years.
Our convenient and modern, mainly grain filled kibbles have only existed for 80 to 100 years.
I have suggested the above books that I hope will help you understand.
Do consider getting the "Honey's" book.

In my opinion, it does look better than a lot of foods. Their lamb recipe ingredients are:

Dehydrated lamb meat (24%), Fresh lamb meat (11%), Chicken oil (11%), Peas, Potatoes, Lamb liver hydrolysate (3%), Carrots, Pumpkin, Potato pro-tein, Yeast, Beet pulp, Salmon Oil (3%), Linseed, Mixed fruit (apples and blueberries), Mixed vegetables (Tomatoes and Spinach), Algae, Mannan-oligosaccharide (MOS), Inulin (FOS), Yucca, Glucosamine (650 mg/kg), Chondroitin (150 mg/kg),Rosemary, Parsley.
Total meat ingredients: 52%

Yes, there's beet pulp, but it's a fair way down the list, and no other grains in that variety. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this one, @excuseme - maybe we just looked at different varieties?

I'd still recommend trying raw feeding though - you really can't go far wrong, and there are experienced raw feeders here to advise you on the specifics. It can be as simple as 'a lot of meat, a bit of bone, a bit of offal'.

I did only take a "quick glance" as mentioned at one of their options, and promptly tarred all of their products to be the same.
I think we probably did look at different varieties.The beet pulp was also quiet far down the listing that I looked at, and to be fair I would rather use a product that was using root veg as bulking agents rather than a grain.

I feed my greyhounds Nature Diet for breakfast and Wolf Tucker raw for supper. I fully recommend it. They have beautiful glossy soft coats .
If you order from fetch you can have a next day 1hr delivery slot of your choice

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back