The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Need Something To Do ???

Fleesh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have some coursework to do (OK so more like SHOULD HAVE DONE WEEKS AGO) but basically it is a presentation and for my chosen subject I need some examples of cruelty to DOGS - if anyone would like something to do would you mind posting me some links to examples of cruelty to Dogs in GENERAL and examples of cruelty to RACING/COURSING GREYHOUNDS.

TIA :thumbsup:

Will check back tonight :huggles: .

Fleesh said:
I have some coursework to do (OK so more like SHOULD HAVE DONE WEEKS AGO) but basically it is a presentation and for my chosen subject I need some examples of cruelty to DOGS - if anyone would like something to do would you mind posting me some links to examples of cruelty to Dogs in GENERAL and examples of cruelty to RACING/COURSING GREYHOUNDS.
TIA  :thumbsup:

Will check back tonight  :huggles: .

Youve picked a tough subject Fleesh so dont envy u, dont kno if this is the sort of thing you may be intersted in but it did made me an ex customer of Iams: www.iamscruelty.com

or you could try this:

www.grwe.co.uk

Greyhound Rescue West of England

they have a lovely greyhound who I have just sponsored, called Heather - her Irish owner cut both her ears off to avoid being traced - luckily she is now in a very kind home in England.

I have tried to attach a photo of Heather.

Best wishes with your presentation.

Gill

heather240205_the_greyhound.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys I am just about to start trawling through them.

If anyone has anything to highlight cruelty to pet dogs please can you also drop a link for me (if you would be so kind).

I have to use a topic that can create a discussion afterwards so my slant is ... many people say that greyhound racing is the cruelest thing as far as cruelty to dogs in concerned BUT by highlighting the kind of cruelty that the pet dog is also subjected to in comparison to greyhound cruelty in sport I am to create a discussion as to whether racing is really that cruel when combined with the perspectives of dog cruelty as a whole.

PLEASE also remember that I do not necesarrily agree/disagree with any of the information I am looking for, the slant I am using or the topic as a whole but for the purposes of my coursework I need to create discussion on a topic.

:huggles: thanks all

Look on another forum website sighthounds online. Lots of support there regarding cruelty to sighthounds, especially retired racing greyhounds, galgos etc.

I looked at another website a bit ago which had some terible stories on but I have forgotten what its called, couldn't bear to go back on :(

If you want to know how dogs are regarded in different cultures worldwide, just do a google search for the dog fur trade in China, dog's used for meat in China and many of the Asian countries, such as Korea, Thailand, Philipines, Vietnam, Malaysia and so on.

Spain and Greece have little compassion for their hunting and racing dogs or basically any dogs in general.

Look at the PETA site and Heather Mills McCartney pages. Shocking graphic images but they show the true facts of the cruelty inflicted on dogs in the world today.

mazza said:
If you want to know how dogs are regarded in different cultures worldwide, just do a google search for the dog fur trade in China, dog's used for meat in China and many of the Asian countries, such as Korea, Thailand, Philipines, Vietnam, Malaysia and so on.Spain and Greece have little compassion for their hunting and racing dogs or basically any dogs in general.

Look at the PETA site and Heather Mills McCartney pages. Shocking graphic images but they show the true facts of the cruelty inflicted on dogs in the world today.

How about some comparisons with Crufts? The entrants are supposed to be the most coveted and pampered dogs in the world but there are often stories of cruelty through neglect from breeders, A recent report I saw involving a judge/ breeder can be found Petplanet.co.uk, look under their news pages.

Racing itself is not cruel. Running after small animal is the most natural thing for a dog to do. They just love it. They certainly do not need a whip to make them run faster.

The fact that some people who race their dogs are cruel to their animals does not mean that racing is cruel. As others already said there are some show people who keep their dogs in total luxury, few who only just provide basic needs, and a small minority who is very bad.

No want ing to hijack this - but did anyone see the thing on the tv re tazer/taser guns and someone used it on a dog!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fleesh said:
Thanks for the replies guys I am just about to start trawling through them.
If anyone has anything to highlight cruelty to pet dogs please can you also drop a link for me (if you would be so kind).

I have to use a topic that can create a discussion afterwards so my slant is ... many people say that greyhound racing is the cruelest thing as far as cruelty to dogs in concerned BUT by highlighting the kind of cruelty that the pet dog is also subjected to in comparison to greyhound cruelty in sport I am to create a discussion as to whether racing is really that cruel when combined with the perspectives of dog cruelty as a whole.

PLEASE also remember that I do not necesarrily agree/disagree with any of the information I am looking for, the slant I am using or the topic as a whole but for the purposes of my coursework I need to create discussion on a topic.

:huggles: thanks all

Try looking up staffie rescues. There was a photo of a dog that I've seen that had been burned/scalded. They get loads of really nasty things done to 'em. Poor little dogs.

Also this one sticks in my mind. Always makes me cry.Noodle

This is a tear jerker too. :( They take in puppy farmed dogs who of course are bred for the pet market. Also unwanted pets

Many Tears rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back