The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Neuter complications, cellulitis.

SullyM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all, I recently got my boy neutered and unfortunately we have run into some complications. My boy got an infection after surgery and he's currently on antibiotics as we try to tackle the problem. He has fluid under the skin on his belly and hind leg which the vet said is Cellulitis. She also said that she's never seen this before and it's not text book. I'm wondering if any one else had experienced this issue? I'm very concerned at the moment and any info would be appreciated.

Not in a dog but I have had cellulitis myself. I felt like flu x 10. Massive doses of antibiotics cleared it, this was maybe 12 years ago.

That sound really unpleasant. He's on day 4 of his antibiotics but I can't see any improvement yet. How long was it before yours improved?

It was fast - eased within hours of an antibiotic injection followed up with a course of tablets.

It was fast - eased within hours of an antibiotic injection followed up with a course of tablets.
Well thank you for responding to me. I decided to get a second opinion and they said he has a touch of celulitis but the swelling on his leg was mainly due to his Scrotum. As it was so swollen it was cutting off circulation and caused a fluid build up in his leg. He had IV antibiotics and he's still on a course of penicillin. The climax came a couple of days ago when his wound began draining naturally and since then he's improved so much! Back to my mischevious boy finally. :)

20190324_184000.jpg

Poor lad - glad to hear there has been an improvement .

So glad to hear that Sully is getting better. That's a face to pull at the heartstrings!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back