The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Addition To Our Pack

J.T.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've not posted on here for a while as I've been a bit preoccupied with our new addition.

Meet Shayla :wub:

She is a greyhound cross (collie possibly) & will be 2 in July.

We've had her just 5 weeks and she's settled in great.

P5010158.JPG

Oh my word she IS gorgeous!! and looks very happy and well settled :wub:

Ooooo isnt she just a bit gorgeous.... :wub: aww best of luck with her too... :luck:

Shayla looks really lovely. :wub: :wub: Good to hear she has settled in well. :thumbsup:

What a pretty girl she is

Wishing you many happy years together

You dark horse....she's lovely...I hope we're going to see loads more photos!

Oh yes, there will be lots, you'll be asking me to stop before long ;)

Why won't it let me upload another photo????/

It says max single upload 10MB and I'm trying to upload one of 73.0KB but it says it's too big???

Is it me? :wacko:

Why won't it let me upload another photo????/It says max single upload 10MB and I'm trying to upload one of 73.0KB but it says it's too big???

Is it me? :wacko:
lots of people have the same problem i think. i only use photobucket

You could try reducing the size of the photo on your pc

or the best way is to use Photobucket to upload your pictures...free to use and you get a choice of picture size.

Ok here goes :thumbsup:

P5010160.jpg

hopefully this is Hebe & Shayla at an agility weekend after we'd had her for a week.

:thumbsup:

right, no stopping me now.

P5220286.jpg

She is great with the cats too.

P4240087.jpg

She's lovely. :wub: She looks almost whippet like until you see her next to Hebe, and then realise she's a little bit larger than her. How did you come to adopt her and how does she get on with Scrumpy and Rafferty (being nosey now :b )?

Awww she is beautiful :wub: Looks like she has settled in really well :huggles:

Yes Nicola she is quite a bit bigger than Hebe, more greyhound sized.

At first Rafferty & Scrumpy both hated her but they have come round a lot. Scrumpy is a bit wary of her still but will try to play with her and then change her mind at the last minute & snap at Shayla :wacko: Poor girl, there was only Hebe who was nice to her for quite a few weeks.

I go onto Lurcher Link forum & spotted her on there last July, I've been following her progress since then & eventually decided she would have to come & live here with us. She's been moved around qiute a lot from her original owner, through the dogs home & then into a couple of foster homes since July but she's a very adaptable girl & apart from being a bit whingy at first when I went out of the room she's been fine.

She still needs to learn a few manners when around other dogs, she's very friendly but can't believe they don't all want to be her instant best friend. She was bitten last week cos she just wouldn't leave one dog alone & in the end it got so fed up with her barking into it's face it bit her on the side :(

I'm now working hard with her to try to teach her some restraint so it hopefully won't happen again.

She was originally called Bella but I changed it to Shayla, it sounds similar enough & she only took a day to get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
she really is a gorgeous girl, looks such a character, and so much fun!

I've not posted on here for a while as I've been a bit preoccupied with our new addition.Meet Shayla :wub:

She is a greyhound cross (collie possibly) & will be 2 in July.

We've had her just 5 weeks and she's settled in great.
Hi Julie

She looks lovely,are you bringing her to the Westmorland showfield ,we will be there with our gang including new edition Rio, hope to see you there.

Sonia

Awwww, she's gorgeous Julie. :wub: Look forward to seeing some more pics of her and your gang :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back