The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Maltese Duchess

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, thanks for allowing me to join, hoping to find helpful hints for my little lady The Dutchess, 3 year old maltese bitch, we love in Oxford, love nothing more than long walks, shes been having bother with anal glands, sorted now, but now has constant anal itch, steroid cream and injection helped at first, now its back, was told to start reusing cream, to no avail settles her for few hrs, been using compress on area, works for while, rang vet for advice, none, appointment for Thursday night, up to date on worming etc, so another unpleasant night for the little lady and me, hate being unable to help her, has anyone on here had any anal problems with their pooches rear end, if so do you have any helpful suggestions, many thanks for reading, have a good day

Fibre can firm up poo, and the pressure of passing the harder poo can help empty the glands.

Welcome to the forum. I know topical lidocaine can make the area more comfortable, but have no idea if it's suitable for use long term. Could she have got into a cycle of irritating it by licking it, which then further irritates it?

I do hope you find a solution.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back