The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

NEW N.W.R.F

Paws123

NNWRF TREASURER
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I HAVE BEEN ASKED BY MR COOPER AND MR SYSON TO POST THIS LETTER IN K9 ..THIS LETTER IS ALSO GOING IN IRG NEWS SHEET AND WHIPPET NEWS ..

i hope it answers some of the nwrf members questions

NOTICE TO ALL N.W.R.F. MEMBERS

On the 13th January 2004, the N.W.R.F. committee posted a statement on the K9

community stating of their resignation signed by:

T. Weather son Y.Ragnoli P.Meakin A.Uren

They gave notice to members to pick a new committee to run the N.W.R.F. at the meeting called by G&D Bailey on the 18th January 2004, at 1.30pm, at Asfordby sports centre.

The above meeting commenced at 13.35pm. 60 members were present. The following persons listed below have been elected by members to serve on the committee until after the straight championships in May. After taking legal advice the organisation will now be known as the New N.W.R.F.

An E. A.G.M. will take place at Ashfordby sports centre after the championships in May 2004. The new committee is as follows:

Secretary- Tony Cooper Tel- 02392 389990 (day)

Tel- 02392 642545 (evening)

Chairman- DonSyson Tel-01159327642

Registrar- Denise Bailey Tel-01325 307725

Treasurer- Diane Bellwood Tel- 01924 518262

Working committee: Bruce Bellwood Ricky Bentley Rick Clarke

Any and all correspondence is to go to the new N.W.R.F. committee:

Secretary- T. Cooper, 35 Freshwater Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hants P06 3HT

Registrar- D.Bailey 65, Guthrum Place, Newton Aycliffe, Co.Durham. DL5 4QD

Memberships shall run from January to January.

Memberships- family/single £10.00 Registrations- £5.00

Transfers- £2.00

Memberships and registrations will still be taken on the day, apart from championships where memberships and registrations will need to be in 14 days prior to the event.

Also the new committee are offering life memberships to approved applicants at £100.00.

The new committee would like to point out that they take no responsibility whatsoever to any N.W.R.F. matter prior to 18th January 2004.

The following letter was sent to the ex-secretary/treasurer of the N.W.R.F. by registered post on 19th January 2004.

As of today (31st January 2004), no correspondence has been forthcoming from the ex-N.W.R.F. committee.

Acting Secretary T.Cooper

19 .02 .04.

DEAR TONY,

As you may know a meeting was held yesterday at Asfordby to carry the N.W.R.F. on. A new temporary committee was appointed to try to carry out the wishes of sixty members present at this meeting.

With this in mind we would respectfully request your full co-operation in the return of anything appertaining to the N.W.R.F. this would be all account books, any monies, video camera, photo finish camera, batteries for camera’s, also scales, lure, traps, and any other equipment appertaining to the N.W.R.F. For and on behalf of the committee

YOURS FAITHFULLY, F D SYSON

what if someone who's payed 100£ membership gets banned in their first year,are you's gonna give em their money back if they decide not to race with fed again.

daft idea i think -_-

How else do you suggest the new FED get going Neil, with on funds.

At least thay are putting money in and not taking members money out.

should have thought about this before going ahead :D

Perhaps if people are willing to pay up £100 they will make sure they don't get banned, so long as they abide by the rules how can they?

If they get banned they've obviously done something wrong & shouldn't deserve their money back.

The advantage of creating life time members is that it means no one person can take control and run off with the money, books, traps camera etc. In theory a lifetime member will own a share of all property and can act as a "guardian" of the club and its assets.

Tony

Not a bad idea after all ..cheers Tony

10 years @ £10 would be equal to the cost of the lifetime membership & considering most people are in the sport much longer i think it's a good idea.

:b if every member pay's a lifetime membership how will you pay for event's equipment IE drug testing, new lure, scales, trophy's and repair's for that lifetime :oops:

pink if you read it again you will see it says approved applicants :wacko: this is to raise funds for opens which the fed do not yet have, but WILL SOON ,Wether they get the things from ex fed or not..... :unsure: THIS MEANS a few good members putting in there hard earned cash to help the sport go onto a better future. a Lott of folks have offered donations but the committee thought this would be a better way to do it.

The members of the fed did not elect the committee from what we have been told by people at the meeting, no voting took place if anyone wanted to go on the committee then they just got up, also a lot of the people at the meeting were not fed members so should not have been there in the first place,As for taking legal advice you should get yourselves a better solicitor because not only can you not call yourselves the new fed without all the N.W.R.F members getting a vote (the only way to do that is a postal vote) you can not put opens on or use N.W.R.F trophys without writen permission from the members who donated them or writen permission from Tony Weatherson..

It seems your not the only ones taking legal advice yvonne useing my p.c

Tony Weatherson has resigned so nobody needs his permission for anything regards the NWRF.

Its clear the majority of NWRF members wish to continue with the organisation. Perhaps you would like to get a petition or some members signatures to the effect that the members want the organisation to fold.

The NWRF is not a registered trademark and if the organisation has folded is available for anyone to use and if it hasn`t folded the members have a right to use it.

Get a solicitor and go to court - try and sue 100+ people. If you do go to court the court may ask to see the books.

Any Judge will see this for what it is - spiteful people attempting to spoil others organisation.

The NWRF was not registered until a few weeks ago , so nobody need T Weathersons permission for anything, he resigned as did the rest of the remaining committee.None of the NWRF members have to answer to any of you

As far as the meeting and member electing a committee i beg to differ your hear say is wrong , there was a members vote and no ones vote went the opposite way for any new committee member, so who ever told you that wasn't telling you the truth , however if you had been there you would know all this first hand ..you were given the opportunity plenty of times ....

AS FAR AS THE TROPHY'S I THINK YOU MAY FIND THAT THE MONEY GAINED FROM CHUDLEYS THE LAST FEW YEARS WAS MEANT TO BUY NEW TROPHY'S ETC , FOR THE MEMBERS AS IT WAS THE MEMBERS SPONSORSHIP ...DID YOU BUT NEW ONES ?

SO DESPITE WHAT YOU THINKS RIGHT OR WRONG YVONNE YOU HAVE NO SAY SINCE YOUR RESIGNATION.

you can not put opens on or use N.W.R.F trophys without writen permission from the members who donated them
Dee if anyone refuses to let the new fed race for an old fed trophy i don't mind donating one as i'm sure others will too, let me know what events your short of trophies for :D

DEE i know alot of people dont agree with zero tolerence

just out of curiousity what policy are the new fed using? :cheers:

I think someone said the testing policy is something that is going to be talked about at the meeting on the champs weekend but could be wrong.

it would seem you need putting right again, this is getting very tedious.

Yes chudleys did sponsor the championship trophy's, but people get to keep them :b

I was refering to trophy's like the Dixie's Dream, spellbound' vaux/real Mc kay spaceman,Alabama,calgary,show the world,ect they are run for each year and you can not use them without permission like i have already said

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back