The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New puppy arrives

Whinpin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All
We picked up Rosie our new Whippet puppy on Saturday. She is very mischievous and loads of fun. She is 9 weeks old and is doing amazing with toilet training. Night time is a bit of a nightmare but we will get. Just thought you may like to see some pictures.

20201221_173120_kindlephoto-762157225.jpg 20201221_172848_kindlephoto-762105191.jpg

Be still my beating heart:)

You are right there Rinkydinkydo. Last night we got a full nights sleep yippee!!!. We took her out in garden before we went to bed then we put her at the bottom of our bed and she slept all night. I have never done this before with dogs i have had in the past. But she is a little bit on the nervous side of any noises. So I think this may have to be our bed time routine for a while till her confidence build a up a little bit. Do you think we are doing the right thing here?

She is beautiful:)
Be warned we started our puppy sleeping at the bottom of our bed to get a night's sleep,now 7 months on me and hubby sleep with a 9 month old 38kg puppy in bed with us:D

Reactions: Hal
Do you think we are doing the right thing here?
Yes, at least for the first few nights. Having just been uprooted from everything she knows, the best way to help build her confidence is to not let her get scared, which she would if she had been left alone for the first time, in the dark, in a strange place.

Aww so sweet! Welcome Rosie.
All my 3 sleep on my bed they have since I brought them home, they need to be close and you'll probably get a better night's sleep lol

My Whippet, now a ten year old, sleeps with me, under the duvet. After all in the early days Whippets were used as 'hot water bottles' and I tend to think every one has learned the fact. lol.

Thank you everyone makes me feel a whole lot better. She never does a wee in the house always goes to the door to be let out. Working on the pooing but she is only just 9 weeks so I am over the moon that she already know to go out. I will continue to let her sleep with us.

What a Christmas you’ll have. Her photos are amazing. I’ve never met a whippet puppy, ours were all rescued. Enjoy it all.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back