The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Puppy

rabbit322

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
brought a new puppy home today, 8 weeks old, i already have an 8month old pup. they have been playing all day i put new one in his cage for a sleep and the older one left him too it, just need to know when i go to bed should i shut new one in his cage or leave him with the other one, i['m thinking shut him in cos they haven't stopped playing all day.........help lol

cheers mandy

where does the 8 month old normally sleep?? put him/her where he'she normally sleeps and put the puppy in the crate next to the 8 month old.

If they have been getting on well all day, I would think they'd be OK to be left together, as long as there's enough room in the cage for both of them. It will be a comfort to the younger one to have another pup to cuddle up with :huggles:

older puppy sleeps in an open cage in the kitchen, but he hasn't left the new one alone for 5 mins today he wants to play and play and play lol, i'm thinking the younger one will actually get some sleep if i shut him in his cage.......

x

older puppy sleeps in an open cage in the kitchen, but he hasn't left the new one alone for 5 mins today he wants to play and play and play lol, i'm thinking the younger one will actually get some sleep if i shut him in his cage.......x
Well one thing is for sure, they will sleep well tonight :lol:

How did it go overnight? Would love to see some photos of your two dogs :D

keep them seperate until the wee one is strong enough to defend its self in case a row would happen and the wee one get hurt

being in a crate will teach new puppy to be clean at night, my three can all accept being on their own at night cos i crated until they used to it and were quiet at night then let them together -no seperation anxiety here

any pictures - we like pictures

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back