The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Year Changes

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone,

Hope a great Christmas was had by all and everyone is looking forward to the New Year.

Can I thank everyone on K9 who has helped make this site a success. I think we've had more visitors this year than ever before and typically we've been serving around 250,000 pages per month. Hopefully that will continue in 2005 and K9 will continue to be the friendly, informative and interesting resource you've all made it.

Now I have a few days free over the next week it's my intention to try and upgrade the software used by K9 to the latest version. Because of the integration of the chat server and a few other changes that isn't quite as straightforward as I'd like it. At the moment I'm not 100% sure that the chat server will continue - I'll have to see how it all works out.

If all goes well I would expect the new software to be in place by the New Year. There should be no need for anyone to do anything and the site downtime should only be a few hours. My best guess at the moment is K9 will be off for a couple of hours on Tuesday 28 December. The new software is similar enough to the existing software for everyone still to feel at home :thumbsup:

I can live with a few hours k9-less on Tuesday, gotta go visit inlaws :sweating:

Hope you & Judy had a lovely xmas & thanks for everything you both do for the site (and listening to me myther regular :b ) :cheers:

Thanks Nigel - Good luck with the changes - I hope that it is possible to retain the chat room - it is a valuable resource for me!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas Day :D

I didn't make as much progress yesterday as hoped and today Beejay is coming over (time for a Jest & Kaos meet (w00t) ) so I'm not sure that this upgrade is now going to happen today. It may happen this evening or I may postpone it for a few days.

Unfortunately I don't think I’m going to be able to incorporate the chat room straight away into the upgrade. The present chat room is running on a demonstration license which I'm not entirely happy about and I have to write some custom software to get it to work with the rest of the forum. There is an alternative but our budget doesn't stretch to the $395 required :( . I am looking at a third option - but that requires quite a bit more work but looks like a possible way forward. One way or another I will continue with a chat room but there may be a short period without one.

Good Luck with the Changes Nigel and Judy - Im addicted to K9 now - so I only have you to blame. :wub: Its brilliant. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Sorry, I didn't manage to get the upgrade done. I'll continue work on this and try to get it done within a few days.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back