The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Newfoundland puppy

beckylawrence

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have owned newfoundland for 11 years. Decided to get a puppy as mine are getting older. Omg never had i had a puppy that had howled for 11 nights constant.ive not given in by going downstairs once. But all she wants to do is sleep outside. I open the door she shoots out. To try and stop this i bring her in in the day she howls all day inside. Any suggestions? She wasn't outside with her mum either. Thank you

very tired Becky lol

How is she getting on with your older Newfs? Do you think it might be a problem there? I'm afraid it's not a breed I'm familiar with (habit-wise), but it does seem there's something that may be upsetting her in the house. Have you talked to her breeder? If it was me, that would be my first port of call, and if an owner I sold a pup to had a problem I would (and do) welcome them coming to me for advice. I'd rather know there was an issue and see how I could help solve it early on, than to find out months later.

Sorry not much help in this first reply.

Hang in there, it may just be that she needs time.

ps To stop the running out and staying out it might be worth taking her out on lead to do her business?

Thank you

i spoke t breeder she said its unusual for a young puppy to want to be out. She has some who wont go out and wont come in. They do love the cooler weather and wet surfaces. At 9 pm we played with her till 11. I put radio on she was fed lots of drinks toileted. Fan on ceiling fan on too. She not quite 10 weeks so still young. She woke me at 520 i dnt think i heard her in the night. Or i didn't wake lol. She are a lot but in not too sure its a food thing. She gets on well with other newfs fine. The breeder was not to sure why shes doing this

becky

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back