The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

News on events.

John

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Could anyone out there let me know if the BWRA bend championships are on this weekend and also if there is any truth about the English whippet derby being cancelled.

Apparently bend champs are on for this weekend but I would ring either paul jennings or john fitzpatrick at the end of the week just to double check.

I've spoke to a couple of racers tonight and they are looking forward to the championships and so are the dogs. we will be taking two dogs to race ( True faith and Agilemoo) plus our 16wk old pup (Stewart X Hobgoblin) to watch, Are you taking a dog? if so let us know and we'll keep are fingers and toes crossed for you (unless you are in my weight group!!)

Also a reminder to anyone who's going this weekend

1) weigh in till 11am

2) show your'e BWRA cards

3) clocks go forward sat night 1hour (very Important).

If the bend champoinships are on we will be coming all the way from Scotland.  At the moment we have three dogs Crack O Dawn (Crazy Cracker & New Dawn), Payback (Our Jack & Mystery Mover), And a 12 Week old pup (Spellbound & Stormdamage).  We will give John or Paul a phone nearer the weekend, hope to see you at the championships.

(Edited by John at 8:46 am on Mar. 21, 2001)

Eek!!! I did'nt know it was you, we got runner up to crack o dawn at fed bend champs at kinsley with our dog true faith. At this moment in time true faith is In between weight groups so we dont know what class we will be in yet. Ive heard Desperate dan will be going and will weigh in at 31lb!!! also he's supposingly flying at the moment. Did you run against him in scotland the other week?if so how did you do?

Yes we raced desperate dan at Ayr.  There were only two dogs in the weight group and we were second.  I don't want to sound like I am making excuses but we have had a bad winter up here and it has been hard to keep the dogs anywhere near race fit and and we heard that desperate Dan had been racing,and well at that so it was probably the right result anyway well done to them,after all they travelled a long way to attend.  As for Ross (Crack O Dawn) he came off injured, he had a injury last year witch seemed to flair up now and again and it seems we will be having the same problems this year again.  It seems like we will have to chose our races this year again as we don't want to hurt Ross.  We have raced him twice at the club since the injury over 150 yd/lb and he got to the final twice and came second twice against lighter dogs giving away a lot of yards.  We have now started to race payback (21lb dog 14 months old) after his injury at the Scottish derby last year whilst having a hand slip and it was him who beat ross in the second race on the line so we are pleased with his progress to date.

To John,

Where were you yesterday, You missed a good day and the scottish dogs did well ,Demolition Blue won 20lb bitches and she's electric was r-up in upto 24lb bitches.

Also the Whippet derby has been cancelled, all amendments are in this months whippet news which you should get within the next couple of days.

When I have time (probably tomorrow night ) I'll post a full write up and results.

(Edited by michelle at 10:14 pm on Mar. 26, 2001)

Hi Michelle,

We were dissapointed that we could not attend the bend championships on Sunday but Ross is not well.  We have not been happy with his start to the season so we decided to take him to the vet on Saturday.  On the vets advice we dicided not to travel and Ross is going into the vet tommorow (Thursday) for tests.  We are a bit worried as Ross took a bad turn under general anaesthetic as a puppy during a small operation.  We hope that this will sort out any problems that Ross may have and he will be back firing on all four cylinders as soon as possible but we realise that there is a risk involved.  

John,

You will have to let me know how ross get's on at the vets tomorrow and we hope it's nothing serious.

Have you looked at the championship results yet(thread titled racing results) I said the scottish dogs faired well.good luck for tomorrow.

Hi Michelle,

Just to let you know that Ross is back from the vet.  Thankfully the problem is a small one and with any luck we should be able to run him again in a couple of weeks.  We hope that he will again show us the form we know that he is capabile of.  Thanks for your best wishes.  Also thanks for posting the results as we had not a clue who won what.  Sorry to hear about true faith not getting a clear run in the weight class final I know how it feels.  Hope to see you soon.

I'd just like to say happy birthday to our son Sam who will be a big 2 on monday 9th april, love from mummy and daddy and a big lick from mitch, brinn,pippa,sky,joey,timmy,holly,tiger,memoo and his puppy amber.

Michelle - You mad woman!!  :shocked:  Did I count 10 whippets on your last posting?  How do you find any room in bed?!!  The most I've been up to is 5.  I think you may need professional help!!  :cheesy:  Only kidding, the more the merrier I say, have fun with them. Oh yes, Happy Birthday Sam ;)

Yes I am mad, as well as working 4 days, having a small red headed child, 10 whippets and an ancient gold fish my life is great. Tony and I have 2 dogs in bed with us( age 10 and 8 years), two live on my sofa(age 8 and 7 years) the other six are kenelled(central heated of course!!!), our policy is when they get old or crippled they move in the house.They only get fed the best, shin beef,wafcol,rice and organic veg twice a day plus whatever they steal, but they only live once so they all deserve it ( so thats why I go to work!!!!!).

I think the dog record in non-ped racing is 18 dogs with a litter on the way! and they all live in the house.

At the moment 10 is our limit, but who knows???

June

Michelle omitted to mention all our dogs are monsters.The smallest is Amber at 28lbs(But as she is only 20wks there may be more to go).Timmy is also 28lbs in his dreams but as a veteran is allowed a few indiscrestions,the rest are over 30lb,Joey and Mitch are over 40lb and Brinn is over our scales 56lb limit

We have tried to have a full quotient in the bed after a good night out but there`s not quiite enough room!

We need a bigger bed

If any non-ped's or peddies have bugger all else to do this bank holiday, there is a big open at Seaham leisure centre sat/sun ( the lord byron plate, finals to be ran on sun) also there is a club open on the monday weigh in till 11am, (seaham is in the north east).

I've filled up the car, all I've got left to do is the butties!

honking big puppy "Amber" (Nch/Rch Stewart+Nch Hobgoblin) is now 24wks and 28 1/2 lbs(shes slowed down a bit!!!) if I dig out any decent photos I'll send them to nigel.

Can anyone give me some information on the opens at kirkaldy in july i would be very gratefull.

Unfortunately there is'nt any details as yet in the whippet news probably in july's edition, hopefully john who looks into the site( helps organise highland derby) will be able to help you out. If i find out anything will let you know, or if anyone else finds out let us know!

Hi,

I have just joined this community. I live in Fife, Scotland with two whippet bitches. Where and when can I see non-pedigree whippet racing? Are there any type of whippet events in Scotland?

Cheers

Hi, there are a few opens on in scotland also carlisle if it is'nt a bad trip for you, the carlisle open is on 1/7/01 at sheepmount playing fields which is behind the castle.

The scottish opens are 14th/15th/21st/22nd july at kirkaldy, unfortunately I do not know where in kirkaldy but if i find out will let everyone know!, the open on 21st/22nd is the highland derby which is a big race event so if you can make it you should have a great time!!

Championship time is almost upon us!! sat 25/8 is dogs and vets and sun 26/8 is bitches and scratch, weigh in on both days is 8am till 10am(earlier than usual).

The championships will be held at old hall wrc, church gresley, burton upon trent. If anyone is in the area or fancies a trip out go along.

If you are racing remember the early weigh in and also remember youre bwra cards.

good luck and injury free racing we should be going both days so I will try and post the results

Michelle and Tony

Myself and Kevin have just registered, are you going to the championships on both days or have you not yet decided, we are going to go up on the Sunday and camp over for the night and come back home on Monday.  Let me know!!  Last nights weigh in - Ella weighed 29lb, just like dad.  

Are there any other racers out there going to the Championships at Old Hall this weekend?  Let me know and we will cheer your dog on!!  

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back