The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Noise phobia

gypsysmum2

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thought I would share these articles from the Breakthrough dog food website. Breakthrough is the brainchild of Val Strong, one of the top behaviourists in the country and a Director of COAPE. She was a Medical Scientist before she became a behaviourist. The food is intended for dogs with behaviour problems. I am using it, and finding it helpful, on Tigan.

http://www.breakthroughdog.co.uk/blog/veterinary/medication-for-firework-phobia-in-dogs/

http://www.breakthroughdog.co.uk/blog/behaviour/emotional-support-for-dogs-with-firework-phobia/

If you want to work on your dog's noise phobia then check out the cd's that are available to de sensitise your dog before the firework season gets here in earnest.

Did you read the list of ingredients? The first two are potato and poultry meal. Not something I'm going to be feeding my dog.

"Medical Scientist" what does that even mean and what qualifications were required?

I am only commenting on the results I have seen in my dog. A much happier, calmer, dog.

I know that the diet was first devised by feeding a protein meal on its own, followed, two to three hours later, by a small pure carbohydrate meal using something like potato. Vitamin B6 was also used.

The results were so good that the diet was developed in a complete form. Wood Green Rescue Centre are using it in trials.

A Medical Scientist is, I would think, a scientist who works in the field of medicine. Perhaps a degree in science might be required?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back