The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Not a biscuit lover

ianm2585

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Got a bedi whippet of twelve weeks old but it will ignore dry food have tried soaking it but still avoids . Have dripped over some chicken juice from cooking and they went straight away is there a cheaper better healthier option than having roast chicken everyday

There are two schools of thought on this. One is that a healthy dog won't starve himself so he will eat when he is hungry enough.

I prefer the other view, I'd rather my dog enjoyed his food than just ate to survive.

Have you tried a different brand or flavour? Or texture? Have you considered wet, semi dry or raw?

If he ate it with the chicken juice, that would suggest he just needs it to be more appetising - I feed a food (Platinum) that smells and tastes quite strong (yes, it is made with human grade ingredients so I am that person who had to taste it myself - it's like bovril).

There's a good website called www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk that you might want to look at, to see how well your current food scores.

Last edited:
Lurcher types can be very sensitive about what they like, rather than dogs that scarf down anything remotely organic. I second JoanneF's suggestion that you move him onto a more appetising food. After all, we don't eat what we don't like either. Kudos to you that you are giving this thought and planning what is best for him.

"Natures Menu" and "Millies Wolfheart" both produce some nice wet foods, there is also "Lily's kitchen".
I have also looked at the "Butternut Box" that is very much advertised on the Television, It is very much cheaper from what I can see.
Ingredients look ok, but not too sure!
Have you thought about a raw diet, puppies do change over very easily and without any problems.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back