The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nutriment

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Jasper usually has very little in his diet apart from meat, bone, more meat, and assorted treats. Recently, because I messed up the raw food order, I've been giving him a small amount of Nutriment. In a day he'll have 500g 100% meat, one chicken carcase, and about 167g of Nutriment, so it's a very small part of his diet. However, the effect on his digestion is dramatic... as in wind that smells like a sewage works on Boxing Day, the need to open windows and light joss sticks.

I can't think what else it could be - if I stop giving him Nutriment he returns to normal, then the next time I give him some, of any variety, he's stinky again. A typical ingredient list is:

British Turkey with Bone, British Beef Green Tripe, British Beef Kidney, British Beef Liver, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Butternut Squash, Fresh Broccoli, Fresh Green Curly Kale, Scottish Cold Water Salmon Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Raw Sea Kelp Powder (Laminaria japonica), Bilberry Powder (Vaccinium Myrtillus), Spirulina Powder (Spirulina platensis), Whole Milled Sesame Seeds, Wheat Germ Oil (natural vitamin E)

He's fine with tripe and small amounts of offal, and used to have pureed veg with no problems (till the raw food supplier stopped doing it), and I just can't see anything there that is likely to upset his tum given the small quantities involved. Also, he has it at 5pm, and the wind seems to kick in mid-afternoon on the next day.

I've also given him Smartbarf in the past, and I think that might have similar effects: 100% Natural Goodness for Your Dog! - SmartBarf ™

Any thoughts please? He's eaten plenty of horrible stuff in the past without a problem so he doesn't have a particularly sensitive digestive system.

What about some live yoghurt to balance his gut bacteria?

I could try it - it'd be interesting to see if it has an effect and he certainly wouldn't object! How much do you think I should give, and how long for to find out if it does make a difference?

Sorry just laughing at your description of the noxious gas cloud forming over your house...

It's too dense to float over the house, MM. Think of it as spreading at floor level, like a really deep shag pile green carpet, or one of those spooky mists you see in Hammer Horror films....

How much do you think I should give, and how long for to find out if it does make a difference

Maybe a tablespoonful? And I'd say try it for at least a couple of weeks.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back