The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Occasional seizures?

Lilyloo2011

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there,

My 3yr old Labrador bitch, Lily, and I are new to this site and I'm hopeful that there's someone out there who might be able to help us.

Since January/February this year, Lily has had what I think are absent seizures about three times.

They always start first thing in the morning. Lily sleeps on my bed, and sometimes ends up under the covers so I thought one trigger could be that she overheats.

She will suddenly lie right on top of me and her muscles get all tight, similar in feel to muscle cramp in my calf! She then jumps off the bed following me and won't leave my side. Her tail is between her legs, and she is cowering and shaking slightly. I can see her head swaying from side to side.

This morning, when she did it again, she raised her front right paw as if it was in pain, but there was nothing in it.

There is no licking, drooling or noise from her. I've also noticed that soon after coaxing her outside into the fresh air, it soon dies down.

After her first one of these, I took her to the vet and they just said keep an eye on it. And she's had three in the last 9 months.

I've read a lot on the net, and everything says that vets won't do much until the dog is older or unless the seizures are very frequent.

Has anyone else's dog experienced this?

Thank you

Hi, I would look at the food and treats he is having, it may be there is a trigger in there, Natural Rosemary oil is a trigger for fitting, a lot of companies use this as a preservative, and i think they are call Tocophenols are triggers as well, grain free is always better too. :- )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back