The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Old Hall Open

themagster

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Results C final A little closer. B final Full song. A final The magster. All very close races.

Results C final A little closer. B final Full song. A final The magster. All very close races.
how do you get results when we were told the open was called off.we waitedfor an hour then all the equipment was put back in the shed.

A few members arrived between 11.20 and 11.40 myself included only to find the open had been cancelled, after a phone call we managed to get the key to the shed and get a couple of runs. Not sure exact reason you were given for cancellation but it was weigh in till 12 .

We were under the impression it was cancelled too so we added 15 mins to weigh in at Blidworth when a few rang to say they couldnt get a run at Old Hall............. i should have tried cancelling Blidworth sent em all to Old Hall i may have stood a chance then :D

Joking apart not nice for the ones who had travelled though to be told cancelled then see results :eek:

Lin and Mal also travelled to Old Hall to be told it was cancelled :huh: 200 mile round trip

A few members arrived between 11.20 and 11.40 myself included only to find the open had been cancelled, after a phone call we managed to get the key to the shed and get a couple of runs. Not sure exact reason you were given for cancellation but it was weigh in till 12 .
the reason we were given was that there was nobody to tun it in the bad weather conditions so the open was cancelled. we did say that it wasa little bit early at 11.20 , but we accepted the decision. we never left old hall till 11.45 as we parked on the car park. i only feel a bit aggrieved as i just wanted to run the pups. if we had known the decision was being reversed we would have waited and run in the adults.i feel sorry for the ones who had travelled farther than us without ba run.

That is very odd. Ken travelled 220 miles, just to run our pup he was still at Oldhall at 11.45 so was the key holder. Everyone else was going home or on to Blidworth Ken got ready pulled away and not one single car went past him as he was going out of the grounds to make weigh in at 12 . The open was cancelled so just how many dogs did run or trial in all. You cant really call that an open as it was cancelled Ken could of run our pup down and said he won !!

I am sorry for all the people that traveled such a long way, But i and the other committee members / workers were up there from 10.00 am setting the track up.

10.30 time dave and emma came but that meant we had 2 dogs so we waited and waited but bare in mined we was wet to the pants and cold.

There was a few more turn up like Elaine and Sally but they decided to go because we didnt have enough to run we left it as late as we could

No one else turned up what else was surposed to do wait there all day.

We received a call saying there were dogs up there so i took the keys up for the few that wanted to run,

We need more helpers to help with opens.

And if people are going to be late in bad conditions please call us our numbers are in the whippet news

Donna

I am sorry for all the people that traveled such a long way, But i and the other committee members / workers were up there from 10.00 am setting the track up.
10.30 time dave and emma came but that meant we had 2 dogs so we waited and waited but bare in mined we was wet to the pants and cold.

There was a few more turn up like Elaine and Sally but they decided to go because we didnt have enough to run we left it as late as we could

We received a call saying there were dogs up there so i took the keys up for the few that wanted to run,

And if people are going to be late in bad conditions please call us our numbers are in the whippet news

Donna

Donna did the committee ring or ask members for any help, usually there are people willing to help l know the weather put people of and some people had to work but maybe next time we shouldn't expect people just to turn up and help :)

Its unfortunate too that a Top Ten open was also being run on the same day as the additional in the same region. I appreciate its hard to fit opens into the calendars but its a pity that when a region has a Top Ten open an additional is on in the same region on that day:b Maybe and its only a maybe if they were on separate dates there could have been more at both, more people more helpers perhaps :b

Also know what you meant about being wet to the pants and cold :eek: :eek: so were we :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Donna
No need to say sorry Donna, Ken fully understood as im sure the others did. If we think there is a chance it may be cancelled I normally ring to find out. You cant expect one committee to ring round goodness knows how many members [ there phone bill would go through the roof ] The committee all work hard I think the members should phone and offer to help not wait to be asked.

i think if there was no committee there then it should not of been classed as an open because there was no one official to make any decisions how can you have a meeting with just the people running there dogs

from what i can recall neil did put forward to have a working committe which would then mean that at all old opens there would people to work and you would not have to worry and opend would not be cancelled in the last hour, and people would not be dissapointed who have travelled to come and run at the open. just thought i would remind that people voted against this. maybe it is osmething to bear in mind next time eh? :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back