The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Oldest Whippet ?

Miley

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:clown what age do whippets reach ? any idear on the age record as i know that i have heard of 15 years.

my mum, owned a blue whippet which had to be put to sleep atthe age of 23.

She was the oldest pedigree dog in the uk at the time around 1968 ish

dolly said:
my mum, owned a blue whippet which had to be put to sleep atthe age of 23.
She was the oldest pedigree dog in the uk at the time around 1968 ish

23 is a wonderful age i would be amazed if anyone could top that

my whippet just saw his 14th birthday when we had to have him put to sleep unfortunately.

julieleigh said:
my whippet just saw his 14th birthday when we had to have him put to sleep unfortunately.

We lost a 14 yo last year. Oldest I know of was 25 she was owned by Maria Goodman the sloughi & other sighthounds person. Her name was Morgan & she was one of the last Dondelayo's. She sadly outlived her breeder by many years dying in about 1999-2000.

julieleigh said:

We lost a 14 yo last year. Oldest I know of was 25 she was owned by Maria Goodman the sloughi & other sighthounds person. Her name was Morgan & she was one of the last Dondelayo's. She sadly outlived her breeder by many years dying in about 1999-2000.

:wub: i am so sorry for you all who have lost a whippy. it seems that they can reach quite an age but 14 seems to be the most common .

MY MUM AND DADS LAST DOG WAS 3 MONTHS AWAY FROM HER 20TH BIRTHDAY

A BLUE BRINDLE CALLED TRUDY :wub:

RACING NAME CHLOES KAYLEIGH :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back