The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

On Stirke

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So who else has snuggle sacks for their whippies, loads of people I bet :thumbsup: , Who wishes they never started opening the sacks for their darlings to get into thinking they were just being a loving owner only to find themselves manipulated into being a sack opening slave :wacko: :clown:

Well I'm on strike and I can feel the outrage (w00t) . Of course they can get in themselves with their little pointy noses but not as neatly as when I do it so now they have taken to standing by the back door staring at me pretending they need a wee. Then when I stand up they go to the beds and stare at me again to put them in (w00t) :wacko:

Manipulative little ****** o:) well they've been out so no excuses, I'm stuck to the sofa for the rest of the night whatever happens :- :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So who else has snuggle sacks for their whippies, loads of people I bet :thumbsup: , Who wishes they never started opening the sacks for their darlings to get into thinking they were just being a loving owner only to find themselves manipulated into being a sack opening slave :wacko: :clown:
Well I'm on strike and I can feel the outrage (w00t) . Of course they can get in themselves with their little pointy noses but not as neatly as when I do it so now they have taken to standing by the back door staring at me pretending they need a wee. Then when I stand up they go to the beds and stare at me again to put them in (w00t) :wacko:

Manipulative little ****** o:) well they've been out so no excuses, I'm stuck to the sofa for the rest of the night whatever happens :- :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Jonah is useless at getting in his and I have to lift it up for him too. But he doesn't use it very often. Muffin does the same trick as yours though. Stands by the door and I think he wants to go out for a wee, I get up and he heads off to his biscuit tin! :- They're not daft are they!!!

I used to use snuggle sacks :- , and still have a lovely one that I just keep for when we go on holiday in the caravan.

Remmy never seemed to learn how to get in herself, so she would stand by the snuggle sack and whine until I helped her in. This occurred many times during the day. o:) o:) In the end I got a bit fed up with the frequent whining so I purchased an Anderson Bed (like an igloo) so she would feel warm and could get in herself. It was a good purchase.

However, we still have ordinary beds as well, and then Remmy likes to be covered with a blanket, and will whine until she is covered up!!!

She is such a lovely girl in every other respect :wub: , so I do forgive her demands for warmth. :lol: :lol:

There are some snuggle sacks that have a better opening - I think Dawn or Juley on here have made some of these.

Yep....Archie too Kath.......when he comes in last thing on a night....into his snuggle sack too...and

he waits for me to open it up....while Kobi and Oscar nick the sofa seats... :lol:

btw those latest pictures you put on here were brilliant...they are both a credit to you.... :wub: and so nice to see Sky growing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep....Archie too Kath.......when he comes in last thing on a night....into his snuggle sack too...andhe waits for me to open it up....while Kobi and Oscar nick the sofa seats... :lol:

btw those latest pictures you put on here were brilliant...they are both a credit to you.... :wub: and so nice to see Sky growing up.
They are cheeky aren't they. Skye is lying flat on her back with all her legs in the air as we speak, managed to get inside the sack but then does that when she gets too hot :wacko: . She's grown into a right character, so much fun, can't believe she's almost 2 :wub: . Thanks for your comments, must take some more pics for you :))

:thumbsup: Vinnie goes head first into his .......... then runs around the room with it on his head till he finds his way out - then he barks at it for 5 mins :wacko: :wacko:

:thumbsup: Vinnie goes head first into his .......... then runs around the room with it on his head till he finds his way out - then he barks at it for 5 mins :wacko: :wacko:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can just imagine this!!! Really made me laugh just thinking about it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rifle never really got the hang of his and would only get into it if I opened it up for him. That said he tries the same thing if I'm in bed, comes up onto the bed and paws at the top of the duvet until I give in and let him under it!!

PMSL big time here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...my son has just suggested putting a zip (w00t) on Bluebells sack so she can't keep getting in and then whining to get back in 8) ...she paces about and whinges loudly till we open it for her :angry: ...half our conversations revolve around how to make it easier for her...latest thought is a pully system up to the ceiling and across the room so I just pull the rope to open the sack...either that or I get rid of the sack altogether...or the dog!!! (w00t)

PMSL big time here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...my son has just suggested putting a zip (w00t) on Bluebells sack so she can't keep getting in and then whining to get back in 8) ...she paces about and whinges loudly till we open it for her :angry: ...half our conversations revolve around how to make it easier for her...latest thought is a pully system up to the ceiling and across the room so I just pull the rope to open the sack...either that or I get rid of the sack altogether...or the dog!!! (w00t)
This made me laugh. Here, I have a sliding door between the sitting room and the kitchen, where the cat flap is to the garden, and I've set up a device with a hook and a long stick so that I can open and close the door without getting off the sofa. You can imagine, with four cats and a whippet I wouldn't be able to sit down for five minutes at a time otherwise!

Grace has also perfected the gentle art of whimpering pathetically until I wrap her up in a blanket. I'm still trying to get it through to her that I can't wrap her up until she sits down! :wacko:

yep same here, a sack slave :clown: he makes no attempt at all to get in on his own (and why should he when he has a slave) and just stands pathetically with his head down staring at it until I let him in, then he gets too hot and gets half out and then fully out and of course cannot get back in and the cycle commences. Last night he jumped up on the bed and was pawing at my arm until I got up and let him back in - this can't be right :wacko:

I am also going on strike with Rosie! we'll show em who is boss :-

(w00t) :lol: :lol: :lol: me tooooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol:

most of mine get in ok but maddie has no idea how to get in at all so will just stand there whining for me to open it for her :- :-

what really annoys me is when she get straight out again :rant: then circles the kitchen then comes back to make another pathetic attempt to get back in :lol: :lol: :lol:

these whippets have us sussed :-

What a relief! I thought I was the only one with an educationally subnormal whippet who couldn't work out how to get into his sack! He's clever enough when it comes to other naughty activities, though - not sure why there is a mental block when it comes to tucking himself in!

:lol: Loving everyone else's stories of their 'helpless' little ones trying to get into bed :p . Glad it's not just mine :- .

I'm still on strike coz it's not like they can't get in themselves, they just prefer me to do it for them :blink: .

They are getting the message and are mostly doing themselves it without so much complaining :- o:) Except for bedtime when I like tucking them in with a goodnight kiss (w00t)

:lol: Loving everyone else's stories of their 'helpless' little ones trying to get into bed :p . Glad it's not just mine :- . I'm still on strike coz it's not like they can't get in themselves, they just prefer me to do it for them :blink: .

They are getting the message and are mostly doing themselves it without so much complaining :- o:) Except for bedtime when I like tucking them in with a goodnight kiss (w00t)
ah well betime is the easy one, she sleeps under my duvet by my feet and never moves!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back