The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Online study: Attitudes towards Pugs.

fmf

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello Dog forum members!

Masters student from Aberystwyth University desperately seeking participants. To take part
https
://app.online
surveys.jisc.ac.uk/s/ab
er/au-student-survey-respon
sible-pug-ownership

scan the QR code below

Many thanks, Fleur

QR CODE.png
1723627895298.png
Online study Recruitment Flyer  PHOTO.png

Last edited:
Hi. I think to scan a QR code, people would need a second device.

People are generally happier to follow a link but as a new member, you aren't able to post them. But we try to be helpful when it's for academic studies so if you type the link with a space (to make clear what it is, without actually being a link) one of us will edit it for you.

Two other things - do you only want replies from people who have, or are considering getting a pug? And, please be aware that on a dog forum, we tend to be a bit dog nerdy, so the answers won't be representative of the general pet owning population.

Reactions: fmf
Hi Joanne, Great thank you, I was trying to get around that issue! I've included a screenshot too if that's helpful

much appreciated :)

From the first page of the survey: 'You have been asked to take part because you are female over the age of 18, and are contemplating purchasing a Pug (e.g. in the next 12 months) and currently or have previously owned a Pug'.

I can't complete it as I've never owned a pug and I'm not considering owning one.

No worries, hopefully I will reach people who are :) thanks

How disappointing - I really like pugs.

Hi. I think to scan a QR code, people would need a second device.

People are generally happier to follow a link but as a new member, you aren't able to post them. But we try to be helpful when it's for academic studies so if you type the link with a space (to make clear what it is, without actually being a link) one of us will edit it for you.

Two other things - do you only want replies from people who have, or are considering getting a pug? And, please be aware that on a dog forum, we tend to be a bit dog nerdy, so the answers won't be representative of the general pet owning population.
Hi again. Yes but I've now amended the criteria and survey to include people who like Pugs but are not planning on getting one, so hopefully that will help with response numbers. I'm just generally interested in finding people who like Pugs rather than people who don't. In regards to not being representative, that's fine, all data and feedback I can get from relevant participants will be really useful, and that's good to know actually, as that's info I can talk about in the write up, so thanks :)

How disappointing - I really like pugs.
Hi Hemlock, I don't know if you mean the topic of my project is disappointing, or you're disappointed you can't take part, but I've now opened the eligibility criteria to people who like Pugs but are not currently thinking about getting one. So you may (or may not) be interested in participating. Thanks :)

Thank you for including those of us who like pugs but don't have/aren't getting one. I shall proceed to the survey!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back