The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Open Dates

Judy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Unofficial open race and invitation meeting dates for 2001.

Please check with club secretaries for confirmation

[SIZE=11pt]Updated May 20 , 2001[/SIZE]

• April 1 - East Anglia - CANCELLED-Rescheduled September 16th

• April 8 - Independent (Bend) RESCHEDULED June 17

• April 15 - Whippet Rescue Charity Open -  Ludgershall. CANCELLED
    Contact Sara Eaton - Tel 01189815684 or e-mail sara@eatons22.freeserve.co.uk

• April 22 - Gloucester -CANCELLED - Rescheduled October 7th

• April 29 - Northern - CANCELLED 
  • May 6 - 1st Champs - Straight at Northern WRC - CANCELLED

• May 13 - Stanborough - CANCELLED

• May 20 - Andover - CANCELLED

• May 27 - Harvel - CANCELLED 
  • June 3 - Maidstone -CANCELLED

• June 10 - East Anglia (Bend) -CANCELLED

• June 17 - Independent (Bend) - CANCELLED

• June 17 - Independent Invitation Meeting. Advert Here

• June 24 - East Sussex + Puppy Derby - at Abbotts Ann  - CANCELLED 
  • July 1 - 2nd Champs - Straight at East Anglia WRC

• July 8 - Gloucester  -AT INDEPENDENT WRC GROUND-WORCESTER

• July 15 - Independent

• July 22 - Harvel - CANCELLED

• July 29 - West Somerset - CANCELLED 
  • August 5 - Northern (Bend)

• August 12 - Andover

• August 19 - 3rd Champs - Straight at Cornwall WRC

• August 26 - Cornwall

• August 27 - Welsh Grand National 
  • Sept 2 - South Cotswolds

• Sept 9 - Maidstone

• Sept 16 - Phoenix & East Anglia

• Sept 23 - Stanborough

• Sept 30 - 4th Champs - Bend at Maidstone WRC

• October 7 - Gloucester (rescheduled from April 22)

After speaking to Terry Davies, I believe that the Welsh Grand National is on the August Bank Holiday Monday as it was last year. (Aug 27th)

Hi Darcia

Thanks for the info.  I have just edited the list above.

This if to confirm that the Easter 2001 Pedigree Whippet Racing Open in Aid of J R Whippet Rescue will definitely be taking place on Sunday 15th April 2001 at Ludgershall Sports Club Nr Andover Hants.  Anyone wanting further information or wishing to make a donation should contact Sara Eaton - Tel 01189815684 or e-mail sara@eatons22.freeserve.co.uk

Hi Martin

East Sussex are unable to use their ground at the moment - so the venue has been moved to Abbotts Ann.

Ayr greyhound stadium are holding a whippet open racing day on sunday 25 th february 2001 over 50 yds 100 yds and 300 yds with bend weigh in at 11.30 am first race at 1pm whippets must be registered with the BWRA in order to compete.

I have just heard from Carol Brown that East Anglia has been re-scheduled for September 16th and that the 2nd Stanborough open is on September 23rd. I have edited the list above.

Gloucester Open - April 22nd has been cancelled due to the ground being closed (FMD) and has been rescheduled for October 7th

I heard from Tom Bawden at Stanborough.  He tells me that their Bluebell Open on 13th May is off.

I wish someone would keep these pages up-to-date

Hi Rob

Not sure if you meant your last posting to be quite so blunt?  :confused:

Judy and Nigel update the board at every opportunity, but they can only update it if given the information in the first place.  It's the first I've heard of Stanborough being cancelled, so maybe they haven't heard either?  I think most people realise that there won't be any opens for a while as most are not able to use their grounds.  Hopefully with the F&M now under control (according to the government ;) ), we will soon be able to recommence racing. :smile:

Um... er... yes, Rob. Thank you for your information. I have updated the list again. June is right though, I can only put on what I know about and I had not heard about Stanborough. I don't think this cancellation has been officially announced yet has it?

This might be the time to remind everyone that this list of Open dates is unofficial. I am pretty sure it is correct but it is only what I have been told and I would not like to be held responsible if I have been given wrong information at any time so please check with club secretaries.

Anyone who knows of any changes to the schedule is welcome to post it here and I will update the list for you.

Hi All

Just recieved a letter from The Harvel  Secretary to say that their two (2) opens have BOTH been cancelled.

(bend-27th May ~ Straight-22nd July)

I have just recieved a letter from Mark Etheridge, Secretary of Maidstone & Mid Kent WRC to say that their Open on 3 June has been Cancelled.

Schedule updated 20 May.

Independent meeting 17 June cancelled and replaced with invitation meeting.

2nd Champs 1 July changed to Straight

Gloucester WRC are unable to use their ground yet as had been expected. Their Open on 8th July will now be held at the ground of the Independent WRC at Worcester.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back