Review Our stay at The Mill End Hotel, Chagford

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Chagford in Dartmoor has to be one of our favourite places to take Dennis. It is the ultimate dog friendly place and we LOVE it!

We decided to head there on the 21st December so we could make the most of the festive spirit that Chagford was sure to offer (of course Christmas jumpers were worn!)

Once we’re packed up and ready to go we head straight to our treasured hotel The Mill End which is a true English country Hotel set in beautiful grounds and right next to the river Teign.

front of mill end.jpg

The front of the Mill End Hotel

As well as being very friendly and helpful to the humans, the hotel provides extra special touches for the dogs. Which is one of the many reasons we always return. One of them being that they have a big boot room where you can clean your dog/s after their walk and they even provide the towels!
IMG_1943.JPG
treats for both humans and dogs can also be found in the boot room!

Although check-in isn’t until the afternoon we always arrive earlier so that we can go for a big dog walk (we need to tire this Labrador out!). Just a few metres from the hotel is a lovely walk that takes you all the way along the river Teign to Fingle Bridge. You can even stop for refreshments at the Fingle Bridge Inn. We are a sucker for their cheesy chips!
IMG_1942.JPG

Dennis deciding whether he's going to jump in or not!
IMG_2426.JPG
Not a bad view from the beer garden!

By the time we have walked back along the river on the other side we are ready to check in to our room. All of the rooms at The Mill End are dog friendly. We especially enjoy the Avon room because we have a private balcony that looks out towards the river but all of their rooms are unique and we would happily stay in any!

We even found some homemade dog biscuits waiting for us outside our room! What a lovely surprise.

IMG_3626.JPG
Dennis not looking impressed about having a photo taken in our room!
IMG_3266.JPG

Homemade dog biscuits from the Mill End team :)

The only place that dog’s aren’t able to join is the restaurant. Most guests leave their dogs sleeping happily in their room but unfortunately for us we have a big baby for a dog and he cries when we leave him. Luckily the staff are very understanding and as long as we let them know in advance, they set us up our very own table in an area where he is allowed to join.

P.s the food is AMAZING!!

IMG_3621.JPG

Oliver, Dennis and myself enjoying dinner
IMG_3624.JPG

A starter of carpaccio beef (yummy!)

Once dinner has finished we retire to the lounge and relax by the big fire. This is where we get to meet the other guests and Dennis gets to meet the other dogs staying at the hotel. We spend the rest of the evening planning our trip into Chagford the next day!

CHECK THEM OUT ON OUR DIRECTORY:

Mill End Hotel

To be continued......

Last edited:
Lovely! Although I haven't stayed their as it's reasonably close to where I live, we've eaten there many times - although not that recently - and it always impresses. Some excellent biking roads in the vicinity too ;) I might have to make a return trip for Sunday lunch - I wonder if they'll accommodate Jimmy?

Oh yes I'm sure they will be happy to accommodate for lovely Jimmy if you ring and ask :)

Perfect bike country!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back