The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Out For A Mooch

world.hunters

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Went out again this morning with rew the rifle and pup, we decided to have a mooch around on some new permission, we arrived before 5am and the first target was a woodie about 15ft up in the tree i slowly walked around to get a good view before shooting it with a single shot to the head (although is still flapped around like a nut case), the pup wasted no time before diving in and completeing a very nice retrieve, we continued on and had another pigeon with the same outcome of a nice retrieve, we then moved further down to where we known there would be rabbit as we quitely arrived there was a small rabbit sat close in, i positioned my self and cleanly killed it, i then let pup go and (i was not knowing what to expect as this is his first rabbit he has encountered), he picked it up but did not return straight away instead he thought he would have abit of fun running around me in circles and running past me withing inches, but eventually he came in and i gave him alot of praise as i always do when retrived and we moved on, we came to the top of a steep slopeing hill and there was another bunny 35-40yards away i shot it and it lept 2-3ft in there air, once again i let the pup fetch it, he had another play about but this time he came in a lot sooner. the rabbits i shoot are always the ones that cannot be run with dogs due to the ground that they are on etc as i like to keep those for the dogs.

on the way home i spotted another pigeon it was shot with yet another nice retrieve. Storm is really showing alot of potential, and what also impresses me is that he does not mark the quarry at all but he does seem to get a mouth full of feathers lol, i hope he continues to progress as he is doing and im very pround of him

heres a few photos from today

zzzzz.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

thanks all

W.H

Hes a good looking dog. Glad to hear of his good progress. Keep the piccies coming!

Cracking pics!!! Nice looking dog too!!! :thumbsup:

top man WH dogs coming on very well.

good hunting

rew

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back