The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Parvo

tanya

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
it has been brought to my attention that apparently i have had parvo virus in my kennels.

A couple of months ago I brought a pup home, and that evening i had to go to Sue Smithson's home for help and advice because the pup was really ill. Sue was really kind and leant me a baby's bottle and food, the pup went to the vet's the following day and was diagnosed as having a huge infestation of worms. Unbeknown to me a pup was bought from the same litter and suffered the same and was kept in quarantine for a couple of days, that pup survived.

My bitch died three weeks later, cause unknown. Following this i had two other pups one from the same litter and one from another litter (same breeder). One again was seriously ill and had to have part of his bowel removed. The final pup, the same litter as the first, stayed in the vets overnight on a drip, after a bad case of diahoerria. Blood tests were taken through the first pup to rule out or confirm parvo virus and what was found was that a bacterial infection (not parvo) was detected in his stomach lining, believed to have been caused through the breeder feeding them raw carcasses. After a couple of days the pups were fine after having a course of antibiotics.

Both pups are fit and healthy and will be making their debut on the tracks shortly.

The breeder of Tanya's pups has had phone calls regarding what has been posted. This was not the intention to make bad of anyone (especially the breeder), it was just to put the point across that Tanya has not got parvo.

She does not want the breeder to have a bad reputation as this is not the case, sick pups can happen to the best of us, this was not to cause any malice towards anyone.

During the derby at the weekend, the topic of conversation was that Tanya had parvo in her kennels and hearing this she was upset and wanted to put the record straight regarding the rumours.

A lot of people know where Tanya got her pups from and know that he is a genuinely nice guy and would never hurt a fly let alone his pups.

Tanya's very sorry if anyones feelings got hurt, it was not intentional and she never intentionally made it seem that all the pups were ill and that they went to her like that.

Tanya only wished that she'd ignored the rumours and not posted this topic, but she was angry and upset for both herself and the breeder that they were being bad mouthed among the circuit. Now all she can do is apologise for the upset and hurt caused, not thinking before writing and making the breeder look really bad in others' eyes, this was not what was wanted, she just wanted people to know the truth, that she does not have parvo.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back