The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Parvovirus 3 month old puppy

Inesa

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have a 3 month old corgi puppy. She had diarrhoea and vomiting on Sunday night so we took her to the vet first thing on Monday morning. She was tested for parvo and the test came back positive. She didn’t seem to be too unwell with it and was interacting and playful with the nurses. We were told that she might be released the next day. On Tuesday she still had diarrhoea and was kept in. On Wednesday the feeding tube was fitted in. She is very poorly now. This morning we were told that she inhaled some vomit and is in critical condition. Just looking for some information from people who had puppies with parvo and maybe some support and I find coping with this situation for 5 days really hard.

I'm very sorry to hear about your puppy, parvo is a horrible disease.

Thank you. I guess you just hope that someone will say that they puppy recovered from it.

DF3CA8CA-D965-47E4-96DB-547C799F46F7.jpeg

Do you have any idea where she caught it? Because it's highly contagious so you might want to warn neighbours to make sure they are up to date with vaccinations.

No, we don’t know where she got it. We did take her to a pet store to buy a new harness after she has been vaccinated and we waited for a week after vaccinations before we took her anywhere. The vet told us that she will be fully protected after a week and will be allowed to go out. We did buy a second hand cage. So maybe she got from it.

I nursed a puppy with parvo and he is now 11 years old .....it was tough going even though he had been in the vets for a week ....
I was up every hour with him during the night ....he was a tiny saluki pup ....we nearly adopted him but my auntie adopted him ...so Yes they can recover it just depends if its caught and treated in time .....
I hope your pup makes a good recovery

I wish I could be there with her. I asked but I am not allowed to be with her. Everyday the news we get from the vet are worse than the day before. We did take her in for help early but I am loosing my hope now.

I cant understand why they wont let you visit as long as you wore protected clothing ....dont lose hope ...all the time she is fighting there is hope ... ( i know thats easier for others to say ) you have done everything you could getting her to the vets early ....
Did you disinfect the cage before using it ......

No, we didn’t. It did’t cross my mind that it could be infected. You would hope that someone who lost a dog to this virus would not sell infected items to others.

Last edited:
Some people just dont think ...it may not have come from the crate but i would disinfect it now ....

I'm so very sorry to read this. I've no advice to add, but really hope that she makes a full recovery. Do please let us know how she gets on xx

I had a phone all from the vet. There is no change in her situation. We are allowed to visit her today at night for the first time in 5 days. I don’t know what to make of that. Is it a bad sign?

I would try not to read anything in it (as hard as that must be). Sometimes having their owners visit and then go away again can be more stressful for a dog than if they don't come at all, so the vet might have decided that she is settled and stable enough that this won't be a worry.

Unfortunately it feels like a bad sign to me. If they were saying she is in critical condition this morning and now we are allowed a visit. It doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t want to harm her in any way and if they said it is not advisable to visit her I wouldn’t. But at the same time I am so scared I won’t see her alive again. It is a pure torture.

My thoughts are with you, and with her (((((Hugs)))))

Unfortunately we lost our little Molly. Needless to say how awful we feel.

Oh no, not the news I was hoping for. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back