The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Patella Luxation

Adonissaan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all,
We got our rescue from Romania about 6 months ago and she is the light of our lives.
She is one years old approximately. She had a broken leg before being rescued that set itself.
She has been hooping along for a week. Took to the vet who has diagnosed stage 2 patella luxation (nothing found from physiotherapist and vet 5 months ago when we gave her a full MOT). Hard to know if this is linked to the break, but as it’s the same leg it probably is in some way.
The vet has said probably best to operate but not absolutely necessary. The quote is huge (around £10k).
I’ll pay if I have to. My insurance won’t cover because it was previously broken. But for my purses sake but most importantly my dogs, is there anything else others have done? I’ve been reading success stories for stage 1 and 2 with physio etc. I have physio coming out later this week for opinions too.
I don’t want her having anymore trauma than needed. Vet has told me she isn’t in pain, it’s just more bothersome until she clicks it back into place.
I’ve ordered a joint supplement. This week only getting 15 mins walks multiple times a day as advised. She’s also on the skinny but healthy side which I will keep her at for her joints sakes.
My main thing is I don’t want her to be a dog that only gets 15 mins walks. I want her to be the happiest dog who goes on the decent walks she enjoys (just one hour at the moment as advised by physio prior to this issue) I don’t want her to be disabled this young in life, so if I have to pay the pennies I will.
TIA XXX

I don't have an answer but it's lovely to hear how devoted you are to her. She is a lucky girl.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back