The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pedigrees Can Anyone Help?

tripletree28

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've recently purchased a whippet bitch and I wonder if anyone could help with filling in some gaps in her pedigree. She's not a show type dog but I thought the show forum might be my best chance of finding someone with an extensive database/ knowledge of whippet pedigrees. I've got a five gen from K C but out of interest I'm going back further than that. So if anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Has anyone any pedigree info on Nipalong Mishap, Louviers of Laguna, Hungry Hall Little Luke, Grey Light of WENONAH, Chyton Good News, Hairdiser Huntress, Wychree black Silk of Stormalong, Stormalong silversmith, Shalfleet Syrah, Barmoll Blarney of Walkabout, Checkendon pas selen, Laguna Lucido, Dean Forest Foxglove of Laguna, Twin Rivers nightshade, Tin Ribs Night Moth of Laguna, Martinsell Mistletoe and Poppy Tip Top. Any information on any of the above would be great Thankyou.

tripletree28 said:
I've recently purchased a whippet bitch and I wonder if anyone could help with filling in some gaps in her pedigree.  She's not a show type dog but I thought the show forum might be my best chance of finding someone with an extensive database/ knowledge of whippet pedigrees.  I've got a five gen from K C but out of interest I'm going back further than that.  So if anyone can help I'd be very grateful.  Has anyone any pedigree info on Nipalong Mishap,  Louviers of Laguna,  Hungry Hall Little Luke,  Grey Light of WENONAH, Chyton Good News,  Hairdiser Huntress,  Wychree black Silk of Stormalong,  Stormalong silversmith,  Shalfleet Syrah, Barmoll Blarney of Walkabout,  Checkendon pas selen, Laguna Lucido,  Dean Forest Foxglove of Laguna,  Twin Rivers nightshade, Tin Ribs Night Moth of Laguna,  Martinsell Mistletoe and Poppy Tip Top.  Any information on any of the above would be great Thankyou.

tripletree28 said:
I've recently purchased a whippet bitch and I wonder if anyone could help with filling in some gaps in her pedigree.  She's not a show type dog but I thought the show forum might be my best chance of finding someone with an extensive database/ knowledge of whippet pedigrees.  I've got a five gen from K C but out of interest I'm going back further than that.  So if anyone can help I'd be very grateful.  Has anyone any pedigree info on Nipalong Mishap,  Louviers of Laguna,  Hungry Hall Little Luke,  Grey Light of WENONAH, Chyton Good News,  Hairdiser Huntress,  Wychree black Silk of Stormalong,  Stormalong silversmith,  Shalfleet Syrah, Barmoll Blarney of Walkabout,  Checkendon pas selen, Laguna Lucido,  Dean Forest Foxglove of Laguna,  Twin Rivers nightshade, Tin Ribs Night Moth of Laguna,  Martinsell Mistletoe and Poppy Tip Top.  Any information on any of the above would be great Thankyou.

My apologies, I hit send the first time around by accident. About half of these dogs are coursing lines and tracing them back can be difficult though I can track them forward. I cannot go back from dogs like Nialong Mishap or Hungry Hall Little Luke or Grey Lighyt of Wenonah (though I can trace them foward and perhaps even predict who your whippet bitch might be sired by and out of!), but all of whom are in the same bloodline, but most of the others -- especially well established and indeed famous breeding programs such as Stormalong, Shalfleet, Barmoll, Laguna, Martinsell etc. are easily accessible on my data base and I can help you easily. If you PM me and give me an email address I can send you pedigree clips of a number of the dogs whose pedigrees you are searching for.

Lanny

There is a whippet pedigree research site on Yahoo. You should be able to get lots of info there.

My private data base includes about 30,000 individuals which date back to 1900. If you find you are still stuck, PM me and I'll see if I can help you further.

Louise

louisetope said:
There is a whippet pedigree research site on Yahoo.  You should be able to get lots of info there.
My private data base includes about 30,000 individuals which date back to 1900.  If you find you are still stuck, PM me and I'll see if I can help you further.

Louise

Can you please put the address up on here for us Louise :)

Nipalong Mishap - female - 21/3/1974 - Nipalong Prince Charming x Twiggy Nipalong

Louviers of Laguna - Male - 4/5/1977 - Laguna Lunanute x Cockrow Sunset

Hungryhall Little Luke - Male - 1/7/1966 - Foley Firecracker x Blue Velvet

feel free to pm me if you want any more info on these and other dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
>About half of these dogs are coursing lines and tracing them back can be difficult

They aren't any more difficult than the show bred dogs their information is in the relevent breed record supplements.

whippetpedigrees@yahoogroups.com

I think this is the right address. You can get some info straight off, but if you register, you can ask questions etc etc

Louise

Well done Louise I couldn't work out how to give a link without it being to my setup.

louisetope said:
There is a whippet pedigree research site on Yahoo.  You should be able to get lots of info there.
My private data base includes about 30,000 individuals which date back to 1900.  If you find you are still stuck, PM me and I'll see if I can help you further.

Louise

I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped me with my pedigree quest I'm extremely grateful and you have all enabled me to almost complete my 9th gen all i need is ped info on Nipalong prince charming, Twiggy Nipalong and Foley Firecracker IF ANYONE CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT. Thanks again to Lanny , Beejay and Louise All the best Rob

FOLEY FIRECRACKER

SIRE PORTHURST FLAREPATH (?)

DAM PORTHURST GRISETTE (CH LAGUNA LINKWAY X PORTHURST MOONLIGHT)

TWIGGY NIPALONG

SIRE BLACKWELL MICKEY (SCOTS RACKETEER X LEFROY NAVIS)

DAM NIPALONG NONSENSE (BROMHOLM NIPALONG X DALSTAR CARNIVAL QUEEN)

NIPALONG PRINCE CHARMING

SIRE BROMHOLM NIPALONG (BREKIN SIMPLICITAS OF TEST X FAWN SALLY)

DAM DALSTAR CARNIVAL QUEEN (HILLGARTH SHERIFF OF TEST X CHERRY RIPE OF ALLWAYS)

Annoyed that I don't appear to have any details on Porthurst Flarepath, could be a mistake on my part. Beejay will know!!

Louise

PS Beejay and I speak from experience - once you get started on this, you'll soon be addicted. I started off wanting to get 10 generations on my first whippet, but then , of course, I wanted to know more and more and more........ I just find it fascinating. There are some lines where I can trace back 34 or 35 generations which take you right back to Zuber and even before that!

[SIZE=14pt]DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU !![/SIZE] :wacko:

louisetope said:
PS Beejay and I speak from experience - once you get started on this, you'll soon be addicted.  I started off wanting to get 10 generations on my first whippet, but then , of course, I wanted to know more and more and more........  I just find it fascinating.  There are some lines where I can trace back 34 or 35 generations which take you right back to Zuber and even before that![SIZE=14pt]DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU !![/SIZE] :wacko:

hey, that sounds like a challenge :thumbsup:

louisetope said:
FOLEY FIRECRACKERSIRE PORTHURST FLAREPATH (?)

DAM PORTHURST GRISETTE (CH LAGUNA LINKWAY X PORTHURST MOONLIGHT)

TWIGGY NIPALONG

SIRE BLACKWELL MICKEY (SCOTS RACKETEER X LEFROY NAVIS)

DAM NIPALONG NONSENSE (BROMHOLM NIPALONG X DALSTAR CARNIVAL QUEEN)

NIPALONG PRINCE CHARMING

SIRE BROMHOLM NIPALONG (BREKIN SIMPLICITAS OF TEST X FAWN SALLY)

DAM DALSTAR CARNIVAL QUEEN (HILLGARTH SHERIFF OF TEST X CHERRY RIPE OF ALLWAYS)

Annoyed that I don't appear to have any details on Porthurst Flarepath, could be a mistake on my part.  Beejay will know!!

Louise

PS Beejay and I speak from experience - once you get started on this, you'll soon be addicted.  I started off wanting to get 10 generations on my first whippet, but then , of course, I wanted to know more and more and more........  I just find it fascinating.  There are some lines where I can trace back 34 or 35 generations which take you right back to Zuber and even before that!

[SIZE=14pt]DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU !![/SIZE] :wacko:

tripletree28 said:
louisetope said:

Louise

I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped me with my pedigree quest I'm extremely grateful and you have all enabled me to almost complete my 9th gen all i need is ped info on Nipalong prince charming, Twiggy Nipalong and Foley Firecracker IF ANYONE CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT. Thanks again to Lanny , Beejay and Louise All the best Rob

Too late I'm already a hopeless case the same thing as you really Ebb's my first whippet thanks to your help and others on k9 I've managed to complete a hand written 9 gen ped for her on A1 thats 256 dogs in the 9th and of course I've now got to do the tenth to round it off I do hate odd numbers ! Thats 512 in the tenth So I need to buy a new sheet of A1 but this time start in portrait then I might just fit them all on if I buy a very fine pen that is. I too find it fascinating and hopefully helpful in the future. Many thanks for sharing your vast knowledge and if i do try the ultimate back to zuber I think I'll have to ditch the old quill and parchment and go for a pedigree database like yours. Best wishes Rob

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back