The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pee problem

flip0nymous

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My 5 month old puppy can't learn to not **** at home or on potty
He's eating his own potty I have no Ideas what to do can someone help me please? :( (

12119145_1075206999180128_7482795314926441679_n.jpg

You need to reward the right behaviour and ignore the wrong behaviour.

Every time your puppy pees or poops outside he should get a reward Immediately, Do not wait for him to approach you. The treat must arrive as the pee/poop is done.

Clean the soiled areas with a solution of 10% biological detergent. Rinse, dry, and go over with a spirit like surgical spirit or white vinegar.

When you can't watch your puppy confine him/her to a small space where they will be uncomfortable of they toilet. Only use this for short times. Take puppy outside after eating, after sleeping and after playing. Look for signs of discomfort and go outside then. Pay no attention until the pee/poop has been done and then give the high value treat immediately. Remember to take them with you!

Eventually you should see your puppy looking to go outside in order to get the fantastic treat that is on offer for peeing/pooping outside.

Never chastise of any mistakes. Sometimes dogs eat the evidence! In the meantime clear it up quickly but in a neutral tone. If puppy picks up negatives around pooping they will avoid you when needing to poop and your training to go outside will be seriously hampered!

Hi

It's a lovely pup and by the photo you both certainly look happy together.

The advice from Gypsiesmum above is excellent, your pup is at the age where he will soak up commands.

Very small tidbits are excellent training aids, these tidbits are only to be used as their special treat, and not given at any other time.

Through time,,, my personal prefference is to eventualy change tidbits for a small toy\ball etc.

His own training toy is only used as a reward, (not a general toy) don't wash his toy it has his scent on it, it is his special toy, he will do anything to play with it.

Get your basic commands done as early on as possible, No, Sit, Stay, Lie etc.

Never smack, shout, scruff shake etc your dog, he must fully trust you, he does not do what you want,,,simple no treat, no praise.

Teach the NO command as early as possible, he will soon learn NO is wrong and he gets no treat.

Both puppies and fully grown dogs clean up their faeces, this is inherited, in the wild the adult dogs go off hunting, the pups and the parent dogs clean up to stop detection by preditors, over the years they have still the instinct to do this, once he has learned the NO command he will do this a lot less, my dog is 12 he still does it if he can.

I hope this helps you, have a long and happy life with your friend.

Shewy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back