The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pet Insurance

das

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

I was wondering whether owners of racing or coursing (or both) whippets have pet insurance for vet bills, loss/theft of whippet(s) etc?

As I am thinking about getting a pup to eventually race - I have been looking at various pet insurance sites. It is difficult to get a quote, because I don't have the pup yet, ie, information on microchip number, d.o.b etc.

I have noticed on some sites that they do not cover "working" dogs, on others they are not mentioned. What are racing whippets classed as for insurance purposes?

Is it possible to insure racing whippets for general illnesses all dogs are at risk of AND for specific whippet injuries sustained at the track or in training. If so:

What is the average cost of insuring a racing/coursing whippet?

Is there any difference or none at all in insurance terms?

Thanks for any insights!

(I posted here because it's specific to "racing" whippets!) - Thanks!

I think if your dog is raced you cannot get insurance, unless you don't tell them it races!!!!!!! I may be wrong.

Bertha's correct, IF! you tell the insurance company you race/work/lute course you dog they will normaly refuse you cover or offer you cover at a rediculess price.

buttif you insure and get an injury tell then it was just running in the park ect.

Bertha's correct, IF! you tell the insurance company you race/work/lute course you dog they will normaly refuse you cover or offer you cover at a rediculess price.
buttif you insure and get an injury tell then it was just running in the park ect.

Thanks to you both -

seems strange, let a dog run uncontrolled in an open area and you can insure it. Let a dog run under safe controlled conditions and there seems to be a problem!

Q?

How do I get moderators to remove post?

We insure all of ours with tescos, none of our vets bills have been caused by racing........honest o:) o:) o:) We were just out for a gentle stroll in the park and you wouldnt belive what happened Mr Vet :- :- :-

Hi,
I was wondering whether owners of racing or coursing (or both) whippets have pet insurance for vet bills, loss/theft of whippet(s) etc?

As I am thinking about getting a pup to eventually race - I have been looking at various pet insurance sites. It is difficult to get a quote, because I don't have the pup yet, ie, information on microchip number, d.o.b etc.

I have noticed on some sites that they do not cover "working" dogs, on others they are not mentioned. What are racing whippets classed as for insurance purposes?

Is it possible to insure racing whippets for general illnesses all dogs are at risk of AND for specific whippet injuries sustained at the track or in training. If so:

What is the average cost of insuring a racing/coursing whippet?

Is there any difference or none at all in insurance terms?

Thanks for any insights!

(I posted here because it's specific to "racing" whippets!) - Thanks!
We are insured with Healthy Pets pet insurance, not sure if we filled in "all" the boxes ;) but still worth a look... http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk/

We put money away each week for the dogs now,,since Colt broke his leg almost 2 yrs ago. Its the doggy fund,,to date its still got money in it and dogs been to the vet a few times this year :angry:

This has been working for us now for 2 yrs,,all jabs, kennel cough,,vet food etc all paid for,,unless they take very ill or have a broken leg like Colt had,,it was just over £2000 for his bill,,insurance is good,,visa good for huge vet bills :thumbsup:

Most say the dog got hurt free running in the park,,most whippets I hear that are hurt are in their own gardens,,my 2 run riot in our back garden,,how they never hit the fence, goal posts :sweating:

Hope this posts helps you :luck: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back