The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pet insurance

Lisa dunne

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all. Could I ask for some dog insurance advice please? I have had the 4 weeks free insurance with pet plan but it is due to expire today. I want to take out lifetime insurance and have looked at comparison sites. Pet plan comes up a few pounds more expensive than some companies that I would consider ‘pet care’ is not their main source of business I.e Asda. Can anyone recommend Petplan or have positive feedback as I do like the sound of their ethos or are their companies equally as good? Thanks in advance.

I don't use Petplan but I have heard they are good for not raising premiums after a claim, and they deal directly with vets so you don't have the initial outlay. Also since a new insurance won't cover illnesses in the first couple of weeks, you bypass that problem if you stick with them.

Once you've had a claim you are effectively stuck with that insurer ever after. I also didn't use Pet Plan but another well know company as I wanted the higher annual cover.

I'm still waiting for my claim to be processed (first invoices sent in on 26/2). "Computer problems" apparently. I am deeply unimpressed obviously but I'm stuck now. Any future liver or kidney investigations will be excluded if I switch companies on renewal.

Choose wisely!

We’re with petplan, have been for just over three years. Have had a couple of claims and haven’t had any problems.

How difficult is it to change mid term if you haven't had any claims

We're with Sainsbury's - same underwriter as PetPlan and you get double Nectar points. Price was a few quid cheaper than PetPlan, but not much,

I had pretty much the same problem last month, I'd been putting off taking out insurance as it's confusing and I heard alot of bad feedback for some well known insurers, such as taking ages/not paying out!
I did have a look and got some quotes but in the end I've just decided to open a savings account and save up for any vet bills that may arise. Touch wood I won't need to use them for anything major!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back