The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pet Insurence

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
who has it?

is it worth it?

how much do you pay?

who's the best company to be with?

elvis's insurence expires in 2 wks (he had a free month or so when we got him from the dogs home but we're thinking of insureing him (mongrel) and edward (non ped whippet) :))

well, that rules out kc insurance :D i got a reasonable quote from directline (£19 a month for two ped kc dogs)

Im sure there is a thread in FAQ all about insurance , save s us us saying the same thing all over again :cheers:

hi Michelle I insured Tillie through M&S on line £8-10p per month

I use M&S, they are great, about £130 per year each I think (greyhounds) no excess and they pay up very promptly. :thumbsup:

ive been with direct line for dana for the last 7 years, it started at about £7 per month and its gone up over the years to £11 ( dont it always ). ive only had cause to claim once but i found it very easy and direct line very helpfull.

as to weather its worth it, thats a resounding YES!

on a walk to my partners folks house we cut across a field, dana did 2 limps and then carried on walking as normal. i had a look at her foot but couldnt see anything, when we got to his folks i noticed a small lump on her foot so i figured she had stood on a bee/wasp. i cleaned it and checked there was no sting in at and then forgot about it, 2 days later i notice that this lump aint gone down its infact doubled insize and is raw so i start bathing it in salt water for the next day but it contued to grow so off to the vets we go. turns out she had stood on something caustic vet recons battery acid and it had eaten threw her foot and under ran her pad. it took 2 months of antibiotics and steriod cream, 1 knock out and clean and an x ray to make sure there was nothing left under the pad to get her right poor babe. it would have cost me around £300 instead it was just £50 excess.

i would deff recommend u getting insurance for ur dog, if only for peace of mind.

im with direct line,and two ped whippets spayed microchipped 18 pounds a month.

also insured my 9 years old greyhound for 10.50 a month.

thats with 60 excess which is the least you must pay per claim.

I've got my girls insured with Direct Line and its £19 a month for the pair of them and thats on the advanced policy.

Inca's 3 in July and I've claimed 4 times for her so far and one of the claims is an on going matter and I can claim up to £6000 with no time limit...

I think its worth the money cos you'll never know what might happen...you hope it never will but as I've found it does.

We have our lot insured with M&S £10 per month

and yes no Excess

and definitely a must for your pets, imagine your loved one having a recurring illness god forbid, dont know what your consutancy charges at the vets are well multiply that by say 4 then the treatments or what if you fall victim to the ever incresing dog theft? What about you dog bolting for a rabbit and straying off?

Biting another dog?

All things worth taking into consideration

Dont quibble about a tenner get them insured

:)

M&S about £11 per dog per month for my under-five years old dogs. Brilliant. And no excess.

Also, they insure for life; my oldie was insured through DBI and her insurance was STOPPED when she was nine because they said she was too old (she's 12 now). I can't get insurance for her now (even with M&S) but at least I know my others are covered for life. I use VISA for my oldie :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

I think it's about £16 per month for my two nine-year olds. No excess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm delighted I moved mine from Petplan to M&S, almost halved the premium :thumbsup: Well worth a look its as good a policy as with Petplan (although when i phoned to cancel Petplan they did offer to reduce my payments a little rather than loose a customer-so a bit of bargaining power if your up for a haggle (w00t) )

bappit said:
I'm delighted I moved mine from Petplan to M&S, almost halved the premium :thumbsup: Well worth a look its as good a policy as with Petplan (although when i phoned to cancel Petplan they did offer to reduce my payments a little rather than loose a customer-so a bit of bargaining power if your up for a haggle (w00t) )

Yep, i halved Chloe's premium by changing from Petplan to M&S

I have just insured Daisy with M and S (£10.63 a month) and will be swapping Alfie over soon. If you insure 1 dog online you get 5% discount then if you have another dog phone them on the freephone number and insure them over the phone and you get another 10% discount. which means you get a total of 15% discount . by the way its cheaper than more than insurance and with no excess BRILL :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back