The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pet Tags

scotslass

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

My Brother is getting a puppy today and I have seen online that there are now numerous companies who sell electronic pet tags with QR codes on them.

Does anybody have any experience of these that could offer advice on types etc?

Thanks,
Dianne

Somebody advertised them here recently. I personally don't see the benefit - calling a phone number on a tag would be far less of a faff.

Pet tags have to have a name, an address even if it's just your house number and postcode and a telephone number

Hi there im new to the forum but can highly recommend indigo collar tags buy once ,surgical stainless steel have 2 in the drawer 15 years old :(
or how about one of these the collor can have what you like 👍

SGL

Attachments

• IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
QR tags are OK but your dog would still need to have the usual details on a tag that is not in a QR code format, even if it was on the other side of the QR tag. In other words, details that anyone can read in the normal way.

The rules about dog tag details have not changed for decades. Phone numbers aren't even a legal requirement but the house address is (house number, postcode). Very out dated.

Last time I got a pet tag, I just had the name and contact number on it.
Will l make sure this one is accurate.
Thanks!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back