The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pet Travel in January 2021

Stanleys Dad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Taking Stanley to Spain for a few months next January and unsure of what we will need for travel into Europe. I know that there 3 possible outcomes from the Brexit negosiations (unlisted, listed 1, or listed 2). The only safe option is to have him rabies tested at least 3 months before we go, but this is a £150 cost!!! maybe for nothing, if we become listed. Anybody any ideas of which way the UK wil go?

Taking Stanley to Spain for a few months next January and unsure of what we will need for travel into Europe. I know that there 3 possible outcomes from the Brexit negosiations (unlisted, listed 1, or listed 2). The only safe option is to have him rabies tested at least 3 months before we go, but this is a £150 cost!!! maybe for nothing, if we become listed. Anybody any ideas of which way the UK wil go?
If only ...

I haven't been abroad myself for 11 years so have no advice whatsoever - but good luck with sorting it all out!

If you hear anything, nudge me please because I will have to amend the pet passport guidance we have here.

The UK is not changing their Pet Travel scheme. It is how the EU views the UK, if the UK government for not apply for listed, then you will need to have the Rabies Titre test done. Nothing will change for dogs entering UK, it is the dogs going abroad that MAY be affected.

Lobby your MP to ensure this Government applies for listed status, it is all they have to do as it will be branted as Rabies is not endemic in UK

@Stanleys Dad if we become an unlisted country, it will take 4 months to prepare Stanley for travel - he needs a rabies vaccination, then at least 30 days later a blood test, then he can't travel for at least 3 months after the successful blood test. That is the case even if he already has an up to date rabies vaccination now. So if you are going in January you need to start making arrangements in the next few weeks, just in case we don't get listed status.

Both the UK and EU allow pet passport travel from non-EU countries already (Switzerland Iceland and Norway for example). Listed country list On top of that is vast. Hard to believe considering that, that the UK will become unlisted. Would be ridiculous. But then Brexit is ridiculous .....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back