The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Phantom Pregnancy

lurcherman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
trying to help a old woman out, shes got a 12yr old gsd x who suffers a wee bit with phantom pregnancys, carrying the remote and picking up other stuff, whinning ect. so what the best stuff that can help, remember shes old so not sure what money she has, many thanks all. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had cats have a phantom and i just let it run its course - it was the weirdest thing as it was fl blown with bloated tun and everything and I swore I felt babies move! :lol: (She had been to stud)

I would definitely get the dog seen by a vet mainly because of her age, to ensure it isn't related to a tumour or medical issue that is causing it?

Has she been neutered?

She really should see a vet, repeated false pregnancies can lead to a Pyometra developing which can potentially be fatal if not operated on in time. If money is a problem she could try the PDSA for help.

Yes, I'm afraid I'd get the dog to a vet too. False pregnancies are often related to pyometra that it's really not worth getting a check up done.

Why has this lady waited until the dog is so old to think about doing something about it? There are medications which can help to dry up milk and limit several other symptoms, but leaving a dog going through her whole life struggling with phantoms is really not something I'd recommend.

i know the women mainly when i was in england so i know the dog has been to the vets when the dog was bout 3, but i will ring her and tell her to get dog checked, shes bout to av her booster so timing is good, eingana i agree what you say like i said she did take dog down, was given stuff to dry milk up but all i can say she proberbly thought that was it, when i was in contact with the dog she looked ok to me and the phantoms wasnt that bad, but now she says getting a bit worse so leave it with me i will see if i can get sumthink done as im 382 miles away. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back