The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Photo Of The Day

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I noticed on Facebook that there's an application that randomly generates a 'photo of the day' from your albums and thought it would be a nice thread to have similar going on here. I also miss a lot of piks with so many posts being on the go and think it'd be nice for folk to show them again.

They don't have to be doggy related or technically perfect shots, they could be anything that's special to you whether it's caught with a moby or a one time shot that really caught a moment for you or maybe something that brings back fond memories.

Here's my first one to start things off. People might have seen it on my banner but it's my first non-ped racing whippet (Avit). Pik wasn't taken by me but it's my lad running home for his winning championship title. :wub: Dobby, as he's known at home is no stranger to K9 and some may remember him and his brothers being born on K9 and all the excitement that was shared at the time. Him and his brothers have been excellent racers as well as being such wonderful characters to live with. It's hard to believe they'll be 5 in May, the times really flown.

ht140lb2.jpg

Lovely action shot :thumbsup:

Here's my special moment. My first otter in the wild taken in August in Tobermory harbour. I was so mad that I only had the compact camera with me as I could have got a really good close up shot with my SLR!

Tobermory5.jpg

This is mine ,my son & daughter at Tatton park game show last year

DSCF0712-2.jpg

Wow! Love the pik of the otter, what a lucky moment! :thumbsup:

Two good looking youngsters you've got there Trac, looks like you had a lovely day at Tatton too. :thumbsup:

Lovely pics :D

Plundered my archives at random and came up with this one of Wilbur ... sitting by another Wilbur :lol:

IMG_1448.jpg

my photo of the day:

clipboard367_sized.jpg

taken last october by jac, me & eve after she won her 2nd supreme of the year :D :wub:

lol nearly missed little Wilbur! :wub: Brilliant!

How chuffed does Sally look! :D Got a fair few of you beaming away now Sally!

Come on J.T. I know you've got some excellent piks in your archives! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my favourite pics of my Hebe :wub: even tho it really shows up how grey she's going round her face :( She'll be 10 in a couple of weeks, it only seems a few years ago I brought her home aged 7 weeks.

comp_photos_021.jpg

:D Jac, I must have been doing that as you were posting.

sadly most of my pics were lost when some :rant: stole my laptop last Jan and I'd stupidly not backed any of them up on disc.Lesson learned but too late :(

Love that pic of Hebe, isn't she bloody fab, she's gotta be my favourite non whippet ever :wub:

:D Jac, I must have been doing that as you were posting.sadly most of my pics were lost when some :rant: stole my laptop last Jan and I'd stupidly not backed any of them up on disc.Lesson learned but too late :(
Do you love me Julie?! :D

(I've emailed them back over to you) I'll send you anymore I've got of your gang from wessy too. :thumbsup:

dogs_on_log.jpg

dogs_on_log_2.jpg

Awwww thanks Vicki :b She's half whippy and half noisy bugga. She still loves to race too but I worry her heart will give out as she gets way too excited. It takes her hours to calm down again. So I think her race days are probably over now (but don't tell her or she'll leave home :lol: )

We're doing it again, posting at the same time. Thanks so much, that's another one of my all time favourites, taken in Grizedale forest.

:) :)

I love this one of Jude, he's given me so many brilliant memories and will always be special for being my first champion,

wouldn't in my wildest dreams at that age have ever imagined this dog would go on to get 10 titles.

God he's so cute on the pic i could eat him all up!

6731_111850250955_711130955_2165665_3680882_n.jpg

Wow! Love the pik of the otter, what a lucky moment! :thumbsup:
Two good looking youngsters you've got there Trac, looks like you had a lovely day at Tatton too. :thumbsup:
Thank you

I love the line up of the JT's dogs...wonderful picture...as are the rest of them on here...what a lovely thread :D

This is one of my favourite pictures, as its the one her breeder sent me...I fell for her instantly...and have adored her ever since :D

Bluebybreeder-1.jpg

And I love this one of Bluebell at about a year old, as it just exudes happiness :D :D :D :D

021008021.jpg

what a great thread, I love the photo of the day on FB :D

my randomly selected pic shows the stresses of Christmas day, when it all gets too much ;) ;)

Mollys1stXmas022.jpg

I quite like this one i took of Vixen on thursday, I've just ordered a 20" canvas of this photo.

IMG_6993.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back