The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Photos From Calderstones Park, Liverpool

Esty

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We took the boys (whippet boys - our real boys don't come anywhere with us anymore 8) )to Calderstones Park this morning and had a really enjoyable time. Ros and Grover must have run with thirty different dogs during the couple of hours we were there, and not a single mean dog or unfriendly owner to be found. When one kid (about 8ish) started acting scared when the dogs went near him, his Mum was sensible enough to tell the kid off for acting like that around dogs, instead of telling us to keep the dogs away! It's my new favourite dog walk! The pups were of lead most of the time we were there and came back every single time we called them.

DSC_1542.jpg

DSC_1546.jpg

Playing with a couple of collies

DSC_1548crop.jpg

DSC_1549.jpg

DSC_1556.jpg

DSC_1557.jpg

Couple more ;)

DSC_1561.jpg

They ran towards this mastiff and I don't think they realised how big he was. He wanted to play but they had second thoughts and raced back - look at their faces :D We saw some gorgeous dogs, including a couple of afghans :wub:

DSC_1565.jpg

Great to see more piccies of your guys :wub: They look like they are having fantastic fun zoomin' round there, and good that they come back when you call, bibi still doesn't at 3yo! :wacko: They look like such lovely whippies, wish I lived closer to that park too, it looks lush. I've just showed bibi the pics and she's dribbling and weak at the knees because she thinks rosco is the whippet equivilent to Jude Law :wub:

they do look worried running back from the mastiff :lol:

lovely photos and looks a nice place :thumbsup:

look at those shining coats! what do you feed them - steak and salmon fillets?! (w00t)

look at those shining coats! what do you feed them - steak and salmon fillets?! (w00t)
:) At the risk of sounding like an advert, we haven't looked back since they started on James Wellbeloved when they were about three months old. And I buy cheap human standard mince (the 'value' ranges) from the supermarket so they have that two or three times a week. If we have rice/ pasta I usually make a bit extra for them. I am always pleased when people comment on their coats - as well as looking shiny, they have the softest fur I've ever known on a dog, though I haven't had whippets before so just assumed this was typical of the breed. I am so daft with them - I tell them all the time how handsome and gorgeous they are, my husband just looks on bemused (and jealous!)

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Brilliant pictures of your gorgeous boys, thay are in fine condition :thumbsup:

They are so handsome and huggable! That looks like a really lovely place to go walking... especially now with all the trees in blossom. I bet they slept well when you got home.

Lovely photos, looks like a gorgeous park- beautiful whippies too :)

Looking good! But like giants compared to Huey & Marlo - did I read somewhere they are 23"? I think mine are probably only about 18" but mum was only 18" and dad 18.5" - so I guess they must have smaller genes! Must measure them and check.

8)

so very handsome :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: love their faces when the mastiff wanted to play

Lovely pics, your boys are looking fabulous, and all grown up :wub: :wub: looks like a fab place to walk too

They are looking fantastic!!!

What a lovely place to walk, and run :D :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about soft coats .......... Jinny's is like silk. My others have nice coats but none seem as silky soft as Jinny's is :wub:

Looking good! But like giants compared to Huey & Marlo - did I read somewhere they are 23"? I think mine are probably only about 18" but mum was only 18" and dad 18.5" - so I guess they must have smaller genes! Must measure them and check.8)
23 inch coat size but out of curiosity I just got Grover to stand against a bookcase to measure his height and he is 22 inches tall! We were told his Dad is 21 and a half and Mum was only a bit smaller so perhaps we are feeding them a little too well! Mind, he does raid compost bags and the like so praps he's eaten some :clown: No wonder people ask if they are pup greyhounds...

We are supposed to be meeting up with their dam and brother soon so I will take pics to compare sizes. They are quite a bit bigger than the other whippet at training class but we don't really see many others to comapre them to. Whenever we think we see a 'whippet' of the same size, the owners tell us they are lurchers or longdogs haha. Only seen one other whippet the same size but there aren't that many whippets around.

And they are only 7 and a half months - they could still grow!

The park looks great in full blossom doesn't it ?

Your boys have grown so quickly, do you take them there often ?

I was in Reynolds park yesterday (also Liverpool) when we saw 2 whippets pass in the distance, have you ever been there?

It's not as big as Calderstones (close to it , distance wise) but is my favourite, it's so pretty, never bumped into any noodle heads there either !

Ella is such a scardey cat of big dogs I daren't take her to Calderstones, it would be nice to let them all meet for a play next time you're here !

The park looks great in full blossom doesn't it ?Your boys have grown so quickly, do you take them there often ?

I was in Reynolds park yesterday (also Liverpool) when we saw 2 whippets pass in the distance, have you ever been there?

It's not as big as Calderstones (close to it , distance wise) but is my favourite, it's so pretty, never bumped into any noodle heads there either !

Ella is such a scardey cat of big dogs I daren't take her to Calderstones, it would be nice to let them all meet for a play next time you're here !
Not been to Reynolds but always open to find new places. We only drive out at the weekends really as during the week we stay closer to home (Widnes). Only really discovered Calderstones as a dog walking place last week, though we've taken the boys there when they were little. It would be great to meet up with another whippy - at the moment the only dogs who really keep up with my two are spaniels of all things! If we are coming over to Liverpool this weekend I'll drop you a line - it's only twenty minutes from ours to Calderstones.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back