The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Picky/fussy Eater!

abbey

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a Whippet x Bedlington and he is a rubbish eater..very picky and finicky..i wondered if anyone else's dog is like that and if they have found anything that has worked? I have tried all the usual stuff. :(

Connie my show bred whippet has always been a right monkey when it comes to her food. She is now just over one and I have now found that she will eat specific things and nothing else. In Connie's case she loves tripe and will just about eat Tripe and beef. I have to soak her mixer (I use Laughing Dog puppy kibble) and she also loves chicken wings. Sometimes I get away with a bit of grated carrot mixed in. That is it though she will not eat anything else.

I have tried all the techniques, taking her food away etc but she is so stubborn she will not eat.

My new whippet puppy Emmy will be arriving at the end of May and that might improve her habits.

Not sure if that is any help but maybe you just need to find what your dog likes and stick with it (hopefully it is something sensible not Chappy or Bakers!)

Good luck

Claire

As a pup, my whippet Jinny was a nightmare to feed. I used to feed her from a fork, right under the noses of my GSDs!!!

That was the only way she would eat anything - and she would only eat lamb mince with a bit of grated cheese to flavour and chicken wings.

She has improved now, although she is still a slow eater and won't start to eat her dinner until everyone else has finished :wacko:

My pup is a fussy eater.. the first I have ever experienced and I know what a worry it is when they sniff at their food then walk away :unsure: So I have found myself cooking up chicken and using the stock to soak the puppy food... he was reared on raw rabbit so gets this still and raw chicken wings.. I also cook pasta..and add a tin of pilchards.. he has weatabix and goats milk before bed..

I hope you find something your beddy/Whippet enjoys.. but just keep trying new things... good luck :thumbsup:

Tracey x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back