The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pitbull puppy and my breast milk problem

kia2006

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, my name is Chiara and I'm 18 years old, I found an abandoned pitbull puppy who was just a few days old (about 20 days old).
I've noticed that sometimes when I fall asleep with him on the couch, while I sleep he tends to nibble on my breasts and t-shirt or bra, he always tries to go there.
Since I suffer from a very rare form of galactorrhea (my breasts produce a lot of breast milk without being pregnant🤦‍♀️🍼🐮).
Is it possible that he can smell my milk?.
I’m already have another dog

I've no experience of this, but it's quite possible he can smell the milk - is he interested in the smell of your bra when you're not wearing it? But then pups do often nuzzle or nibble their owners, as it's a natural behaviour when searching out their mum's teats.

How old is he now?

I've no experience of this, but it's quite possible he can smell the milk - is he interested in the smell of your bra when you're not wearing it? But then pups do often nuzzle or nibble their owners, as it's a natural behaviour when searching out their mum's teats.

How old is he now?
About 20 days old
I made a logical connection, I thought that was it, and I think it's exactly like that... because yesterday I fell asleep watching Netflix on the sofa... and when I woke up I found him making the "self service dinner 🍼🤦‍♀️"(I was in a tank top 🤦‍♀️), for I don't know how long.
I was quite shocked 😨.
cleaned and disinfected immediately.
I 'm taking him to the vet on Tuesday.

It's one of those things that when you think about it, it makes perfect sense - pup needs milk, sees you as his mum, and you make milk... after all, occasionally newborn kittens are fostered onto a lactating dog. But when humans are involved, we really can't get over the ick factor!

Perfectly likely albeit undesirable from a human point of view. One of my friends with a new baby had a very interested tiny puppy keen to suckle when she picked him up to cuddle him - they are after all programmed to seek the scent of milk. Just see to it that your pup doesn't get the opportunity, and at 20 days old he will already be sprouting milk teeth and be ready for weaning.

Perfectly likely albeit undesirable from a human point of view. One of my friends with a new baby had a very interested tiny puppy keen to suckle when she picked him up to cuddle him - they are after all programmed to seek the scent of milk. Just see to it that your pup doesn't get the opportunity, and at 20 days old he will already be sprouting milk teeth and be ready for weaning.
He doesn't have any teeth yet, unfortunately it happened while I was sleeping with him, he latched onto my breast, breastfeeding 🤦‍♀️🍼.
I was sleeping 🤦‍♀️.
You could reach it well because my breasts are huge 🤦‍♀️.
Now I just let him sleep in the living room

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back