The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pix Galore.100s Of The Bloomin Things

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
OK.As some folk know.I am going through a marage breakup at the moment.So i wasn't in the mood to work on,and edit these pix,when i came home to an empty house last night,as the wife used my absence,to remove all her stuff,while i was at the show,so i wouldn't be there,and it would 'nt be as sore on me.We are still friends,which is the most important bit.Now today,ive had a chance to do summit with them,and as the conditions were pretty hard to work with yesterday,some of them are not that good.Ive done the best i can with them,without going to far into the editing software.Will start off,with what i have of the coarsing.As you will see,there was one wee bitch,who has been prepared for this day.It pays,and the rest aren't ready for ity,then there's no one to blame,but youreselves.A few of the folk who were there.

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Was asked to do this one,so ive added my own wee touch to it.Hope you like it.

IMG_4482.jpg

Was also approached to do this wee portrait,and email it to a few places,including someone in the U.S.A.

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

SORRY THESE ARE COMING UP SO BLOODY BIG.ON THE SCREEN.AM TRYING TO SORT IT.

OK.Coursing pix

[i
IMG_4449.jpg
mg]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/billyboy45/IMG_4448.jpg[/img]

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

Tried this one,as they were going down the far side of the field.Dont realy know,if i would say it worked,or it didn't work,as it shows a great sence of speed.

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

Went up to the top of the field,to where the turn was,to see if i could get a few of those power shots,as the dog used all his muscels,to power round the turn.But unfortunately,the turn was so sherp,that before they reached it,the lure was already on it;s way home,so all the dogs turned short,exept this one,who just didn't know what was going on.

IMG_4469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Show pix should have went on,but i have to do it all over again.No comentry this time,as i dont want any more bloops.

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

Eddie n Liz's boy's.

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

some nice pictures there billy thanks again for taking the photos

Our 2.Just looking in on the situation,and waiting their turn.

IMG_4512.jpg

Saw this wee bitch early on,and thought she was a brilliant specamin,of a whippet bitch.Seems the judge was on the same wave length as myself,for a change.

IMG_4516.jpg

Casting his eye over another trophie prospect.

IMG_4523.jpg

Told ya.

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

That was the last of the whippet classes,and all was left now,was to crown the whippet x greyhound champion,and boy was i over the moon with his choice.Have to be honest here though,and say that although it did my old wonkey heart the world of good,by letting me lift my spirits a wee bit,and gave Kirsty a bit of stick.I do think he made the wrong choice,as i reconed Our Dannyboy,was a better looking dog on the day.The judge did however come over and tell me that there would have been a kennel in his yard for Trouble.So here is one big headed happy for a wee while,Billyboy.

IMG_4539.jpg

Why the hell are my pix going on so bloody big.OK Here's the over all whippet Champion.Well done Sammy.

IMG_4541.jpg

Right Racing pix.Whippets 1st.Sorry about the bad quality,cause even a £1000.00 kit,with the wrong lens on,can't cope in bad light.

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4595-1.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

Under 23s

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4613-1.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

2nd heat

IMG_4619.jpg

Couldn't find Troubled muzzle,so had to run her with a big plastic one.Dont think her vision was that good here,as she seemed to be trying to look sort of sideways.Thats no excuse for where she is in the pecking order though,as she has a slow take of,owing to a major mussle not working,on her back right.In fact.it's buggered.

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

Trouble was still well back at this point,and was still about 3/4 lengths down,as they past me.But she always does her best running,in the last 3rd of every race,which isn't realy good enough,as the line always comes too quickly,from that stage of a race.All i know,is that it was very close on the line.So she must have realy powered home,after they passed me.What could she not do,had she never had that bloody injury.Ah well.Thats dog's,aint it.

Big dogs,1st heat.

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

2nd heat went off sort of funny i thought,as i was on my way up the outside of the track,to where i had been for all the racing pix.Suddenly i heard a noise behind me,and just got swung round in time to take this.Seems John false slipped the big fellar,and then the other 2 went off,leaving Kirsty with Dannyboy,twisting her wrist,in an attempt to get away.As she couldn't hold him,off he went too,about 15 lengths behing Colt,8 behind the 2nd placed dog,and another 4 or so,behind the 3rd placed dog.He must have busted his wee guts,to get past those 2,and was closing on Colt,as they went over the line.That was one tight hill,and i think with him not being that fit,owing to where i live,being the worst hit place in northern ireland,with the frost,and the ground being rock hard for 8 weeks,then it was one hill too many,and he looked totaly whacked.

Whippet semi final.

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

what fantastic pic of colt with molly!!!!! that is gorgeous! love china peeping around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

2nd semi.

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

FINAL

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

The black dog,on the inside,came from where it WAS,to win the final.

IMG_4659.jpg

Getting very dark now,so pix are rather poor.

lining up for the final of the under 23s.

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

Trouble left for stopped again,even though she got away better this time.She just dont have that early.This turned into one hell of a race,with Deago going slightly in front for a few strides.Hugo was also up there with him.But the wee black bitch was just too strong for the 2 fawn dogs,and started to make her bid for glory,as they went past me.Don't know just where Trouble made her usual move,but apparently she finished like an exorset misile,and was gaining big time.As always though.The line came up,and we had to settle for a good tight second place,with China.As i said in the other write up.There's a few dogs breathing down her neck at the moment,and things are going to be even closer,as the season progresses.This one has showed up a few up n coming's.

Now this boy must be one of the fittest young men in the country,as he did nothing but run,all flippin day.He did all the running with the lure in the coarsing,and then did it all again,in the straight racing.Now considering that it is over 300 yrds from the bottom of that hill to the top,and the same from the top to the bottom,then he covered quite a bit of ground yesterday.And that was running in a pair of wellies too.Way da go Robert.

Big dog final.

Ian got Smokey off to a blinder this time,and he just wasn't to be caught.Try as the may.Dannyboy didn't show too well in this one,and got away a bit slow by the story the pix show.He di try though,and closed right up to Colts ass,just past me,but either wouldn't,or just couldn't go by him.Smokey flew here,and Molly put in some effort to stay with him.But as i said,try as they might,he was on a mission here,and ran a blinder.I seen 3 exelent finals yesterday,but the under 23 inch final,must have been the best ive wittnessed in years.Just wish i could find that extra length or 2 that Trouble needs,at the beginning.Maybe id win a few.OK.Last pix of the day.Thank /////

big dog final.

Nope.Next page. ha ha.

Had the whole thing on again,and lost the lot.so have to start all over again.Looks like Dannyboy didn't get the start of his lifetime,but he was up against some classy experienced dogs here,and as he's only a pup realy,i think he did ok.He did close right up to Colts ass,just after they went past me.But either wouldn't,or couldn't,find that other gear that was missing,and go by him.Nothing catching Smokey though.As Ian got him away to a blinder this time.Molly did exelent,to keep with him for a bit,but this boy was gone,done and dusted. Seen a few cracking finals yesterday.But i dont think i'll ever see a better one than the under 23s.It was just sheer class.Only wish i could find a bit of early gear in my Trouble bitch,cause she is definately missing out in victories without it,going by how close she is getting,over the last 75 /100 yrds,when she starts to power for home.A few new kids on the block now,so we have our work cut out,to keep them at bay.Realy enjoyed yesterday,and look forward to the next one.Now for those awaited pix.

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

Lovely pixs Billy, Thanks for the memories. See you at the next show Glad kirsty is feeling better.

Margaret & John Mc Stay

Portadown

Few random pix ive just found,that had went astray.

Sammy,with his wee bitch,who was Suppreme Champion Whippet

IMG_4546.jpg

This wee man was the youngest spectator of the day.

IMG_4571.jpg

The mad lurcher racing folk,getting ready for the day's craic.

IMG_4547.jpg

Waiting for the off,with the whippets.

IMG_4553.jpg

Where'd they go.

IMG_4577.jpg

Goodnight.

Few random pix ive just found,that had went astray.

Sammy,with his wee bitch,who was Suppreme Champion Whippet

IMG_4546.jpg

This wee man was the youngest spectator of the day.

IMG_4571.jpg

The mad lurcher racing folk,getting ready for the day's craic.

IMG_4547.jpg

Waiting for the off,with the whippets.

IMG_4553.jpg

Where'd they go.

IMG_4577.jpg

Goodnight.

Have just noticed that the photo showing just how far Dannyboy was behind the rest,when big Colt was false slipped,hasn't gone on for me.So just to show how he had his work cut out for him,to Qualify,then i will put it on here.As i said,he must have burst his ballocks,going up that hill.Im proud of him,as there is no way he could have seen that lure,from where he was,and it was well in front of Colt.

IMG_4636.jpg

Would just like to say goodnight now,as im whacked.Not looking forward to another long dreary sleepless night.So if anyones up making tea or coffee in the middle of the night,tyhen gave me a shout,i'll be up. ...Billy...

Lovely pixs Billy, Thanks for the memories. See you at the next show Glad kirsty is feeling better.
Margaret & John Mc Stay

Portadown
Sorry i was of no help with the wee camera John.But believe it or not,i had 2 other wee compact cameras in the bag,that would have coped with the bad light,much better than the big camera.But ive forgatten how to use the setting on them.Hope youve been looking through that camera book,to find out how things work.Then just use the thing,every single day'All you have to do,is delete whatever you dont want.

:p Great pictures as always, well done to every one, ;) You've got some great looking whippets over there in Ireland, very deep in their chests. :thumbsup: Di

Looks like a fantastic place to race. :teehee:

:D the pics were great billy as usual keep well :thumbsup: julie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back