The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Dont Let This Forum Go To Pot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
....I wouldnt have found Oscar and Kobi if it wasnt for this forum.....please folks dont let it fade away

Im sure of you have other reasons too for liking K9...as it used to be.

Come on get posting....Keep this forum going please... :thumbsup:

I agree, Janis :huggles: I found out where Ella and Rosie came from because of K9 and all my others, apart from Jinny and the lurkers, wouldn't be here if it wasn't for K9 :D

Things haven't been the same for ages now but I still come on every day to read about what's happening and see the pictures.

I am guilty of not posting much anymore, mainly because it takes alot of time to upload pictures and when there isn't much response I find myself wondering if it's worth it :blink: But I think the lack of response is purely because so many folk just don't come onto K9 anymore :(

I will keep trying :thumbsup:

I am here everyday but a lot of people seem to have gone away :blink:

:thumbsup: I'm still here, or should I say I'm back after quite a long absence. Guilty of not posting much in the way of photos etc because, to be honest I take most of mine on my phone so they are pretty rubbish compared with some of the semi-pro shots I see on here :D

I did find things got a little 'bitchy' at one point which is why I stopped coming onto the site, but i was drawn back as I love reading about everyone else's dogs ;)

:thumbsup: I echo Janes comments. I learned a great deal from posts on here, other peoples experiences are a great source of information. I love looking at pictures and reading posts from excited owners in waiting (w00t) I too still read but don't post as often as I did. The support I got when Ozzy had his accident was great and hope that the forum continues. I do enjoy a good discussion, I think if you cant agree on a point - agree to disagree!! and leave it at that. :)) The forum is a great place to read about others happy, sad. funny and proud moments, and it would be a shame to lose it :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I'm still here, or should I say I'm back after quite a long absence. Guilty of not posting much in the way of photos etc because, to be honest I take most of mine on my phone so they are pretty rubbish compared with some of the semi-pro shots I see on here :D
I did find things got a little 'bitchy' at one point which is why I stopped coming onto the site, but i was drawn back as I love reading about everyone else's dogs ;)

We dont think your photos are rubbish...keep them coming.... :thumbsup: I love seeing everyones dogs...regardless of the quality of the pictures....

this is not a Photo Comp.....just fun sharing our dogs...

I am guilty of reading when I have 5 minutes spare, but often dont have time to post- I read most posts on most forums and would miss K9 if it disappeared. :unsure:

I will try to post more often- I love all the pics and stories, too :))

I agree with you all. It has got to the stage now that I am scared to put anything on in a discussion, because I get sniped at. It's very sad as this was an interesting forum. Loads of show people used to come on here but don't any more.

The bullys on here should not win and make it an uncomfortable place to chat.

Don't worry Janis. I usually read K9 most days, but I only do so to catch up with the whippets, not really for any other chat purposes. Having said that, I enjoy seeing photos relating to other hobbies that K9 folk enjoy too, even if not dog related e.g. other pets, gardening, wildlife/landscape photography.

Speaking for myself, I haven't been able to post as much of late because I don't get out on longer walks with Fred as i used to (I'd just end up posting the same old photos of our more local walks) and I've been visiting a sick relative a lot over the past year.

The only real thing I dislike about K9 are the 'political squabbles' in the IG section, otherwise I think we all know when to keep keep our opinions to ourselves now to stop the heated debates where everyone falls out. :nuke: :wacko: That aside I still enjoy a daily browse........

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you all. It has got to the stage now that I am scared to put anything on in a discussion, because I get sniped at. It's very sad as this was an interesting forum. Loads of show people used to come on here but don't any more.The bullys on here should not win and make it an uncomfortable place to chat.

Most of your posts I read are sniped at- sometimes it makes me giggle ( sorry!! :eek: ) but usually I think it is sad.

I hope it doesnt upset you too much, it is a shame if you cannot express your views without being jumped on :(

I agree with you all. It has got to the stage now that I am scared to put anything on in a discussion, because I get sniped at. It's very sad as this was an interesting forum. Loads of show people used to come on here but don't any more.The bullys on here should not win and make it an uncomfortable place to chat.

Most of your posts I read are sniped at- sometimes it makes me giggle ( sorry!! :eek: ) but usually I think it is sad.

I hope it doesnt upset you too much, it is a shame if you cannot express your views without being jumped on :(
I think it is good to have reasonable discussions and obviously people will differ in their opinions, nothing wrong with a healthy debate IMO but, what I dislike are when people are attacked personally, sometimes it is subtle, other times it borders on bullying. :(

The other side to the coin is the wealth of knowledge and experience available to those of us who may need advice, and the support and encouragement of fellow dog lovers during difficult times. :))

im still lurking just dont get time to post much as me mum was diagnosed with cancer a while bk so been so busy caring for her .....but il try get some new pics of my gang up over next few day ....hope everyone is well xxxx

I think if we opened a poll, I know who the biggest bully on here would be ;) Someone who poses as a harmless old lady, but is actually quite venomous :angry:

im still here reading most days although i dont always reply due to time or i forget that iv not replied yet :oops:

dont post that much as i dont really ever have anything that exciting to post about, the weathers been pretty rotten lately for taking the camera out and to be honest i havnt quite mastered 3whippets and a camera by myself yet :sweating:

weather permiting we will be out training on sunday again so will take my camera along and hopfully have some pics for you all :)

A lot of people dont bother with K9 now because they use Facebook.

FB isn't moderated so they can say exactly what they like about

people.

If they only had K9 they would have stuck it out here with the K9

rules.

I think if we opened a poll, I know who the biggest bully on here would be ;) Someone who poses as a harmless old lady, but is actually quite venomous :angry:
I really don't want to get involved in this, June, but I have personally met Anne on several occasions and I have no problem with her at all.

Granted, she is outspoken but there is no harm in that and I, for one, am fed up to the back teeth with seeing nasty comments directed at her.

This thread is not about being nasty, it's about being nice and trying to bring back the camraderie which used to exist on this lovely forum.

So I am going to ask you, please can you bury the hatchet now and let's return to some form of normality? It would be so much nicer for everyone :thumbsup:

I used to love this Forum,so friendly and met quite a few lovely folks on here,even a couple of my pups that i bred in the past have gone to a couple of k9ers on here,who i love seeing the photos and how they are getting on which mean alot to us :thumbsup: Everybody get their up and downs on here,we all get our likes and dislikes,our disagrements and so on...... but its not the end of the world!!!! what ever is said,should be put behind you.There is just no need for any unkindness whatsoever :( ...... and just enjoy seeing each dogs :D we are all adults and should act like them,not like kids in a playground :eek: So i would hate to see this Forum go to the pot.........just enjoy!!!!!!

I really don't want to get involved in this, June, but I have personally met Anne on several occasions and I have no problem with her at all.

Granted, she is outspoken but there is no harm in that and I, for one, am fed up to the back teeth with seeing nasty comments directed at her.

This thread is not about being nasty, it's about being nice and trying to bring back the camraderie which used to exist on this lovely forum.

So I am going to ask you, please can you bury the hatchet now and let's return to some form of normality? It would be so much nicer for everyone :thumbsup:
Jane, there is outspoken, and there is downright nasty - you may not have had a problem with Anne, but many others have. I am quite happy to let bygones be bygones, as long as she stops sniping at people. The trouble is she has friends on here who are moderating, and they turn a blind eye to her rudeness - which is why I and others quite often make our feelings about her known. She likes to snipe at people, and then turn it round to say she is being bullied. There is a way of putting a point across without being rude - look at the way she behaves on TWF - completely different to the way she behaves on K9. I and a lot of others don't find her behaviour acceptable. She has on more than one occasion rubbished K9 on TWF, and many of us feel she comes here to make it unpleasant for others. If she curbs her behaviour, then I am quite happy to ignore her posts :thumbsup:

Jane, there is outspoken, and there is downright nasty - you may not have had a problem with Anne, but many others have. I am quite happy to let bygones be bygones, as long as she stops sniping at people. The trouble is she has friends on here who are moderating, and they turn a blind eye to her rudeness - which is why I and others quite often make our feelings about her known. She likes to snipe at people, and then turn it round to say she is being bullied. There is a way of putting a point across without being rude - look at the way she behaves on TWF - completely different to the way she behaves on K9. I and a lot of others don't find her behaviour acceptable. She has on more than one occasion rubbished K9 on TWF, and many of us feel she comes here to make it unpleasant for others. If she curbs her behaviour, then I am quite happy to ignore her posts :thumbsup:

Who are they June?, if you mean me then I'm quite happy to resign as a moderator this afternoon. I'm not aware I turn a blind eye on Showing or The Market Place, which are the two areas I have a responsibility for, but if you feel I do then you have to name names.

Jenny

Who are they June?, if you mean me then I'm quite happy to resign as a moderator this afternoon. I'm not aware I turn a blind eye on Showing or The Market Place, which are the two areas I have a responsibility for, but if you feel I do then you have to name names.

Jenny
I wasn't referring to you Jenny :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back