The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please help

Stamford

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
It’s me again. Sorry but I’m really anxious over my dog. she’s a 12 yr old cocker spaniel. She’s been acting really weird and has some health issues I’m worried about. She’s incredibly unsettled in the evening. She’s really good all day. But come about 7.30pm she starts. She’s up and down to the kitchen door to go out to the garden. She barks to go out. I let her out. She wanders around the back door and barks a bit. Sometimes she goes for a wee. Mostly she goes out barks and sits outside looking i when the door is open for her to come in. Then she will come in and bug us for a treat. 5 mins later she does exactly the same thing. This goes on until we go upstairs to bed. I’m up and down from the chair. I can’t watch any tv as she doesn’t stop wanting to go out. She wanders around the lounge scratching and clawing the carpet. It only stops at bedtime. Health wise. She has some lypomas in her body. She has a large one in the side of her body which the vet said was ok. But her breathing g is really noisy lately. She snores really loud too and I’m worried this lipoma May be interfering with her lung. I’m watching her asleep now and she’s dozing then she will get up wriggle and start pacing again. I’ve had to give her a sedative at night as this goes on all night too if I don’t give her that. She’s just not right. My vets are only seeing emergencies. So I can’t even take her to get checked out. I’m so worried about her.

It's such a worry to see them unwell. Did you manage to see a vet about canine cognitive dysfunction?

It's such a worry to see them unwell. Did you manage to see a vet about canine cognitive dysfunction?
I can’t see a vet. They are only open for emergencies. He sent me a sedative which really helps her to sleep. Then she’s brighter in the day. But I’m worried. I want this lymphoma checked again

Could you video her when she is breathing noisily, and also when she wants to go in and out and is particularly unsettled, then send the video to the vet? Most vets will do video or phone consultations.

Also - is it lipomas she has, or lymphoma? You could ask your vet about the possibility of it affecting a lung based on her symptoms.

Sounds like a bit of dementia setting in too which isn't surprising as they get older.

It is diagnosed from the symptoms - disorientation, changes to sleeping patterns, toileting indoors when previously clean, changes in behaviour.

There is no cure for canine cognitive dysfunction (dementia) just as there is no cure for humans but there are medications that can slow the decline and prolong quality of life.

It is diagnosed from the symptoms - disorientation, changes to sleeping patterns, toileting indoors when previously clean, changes in behaviour.

There is no cure for canine cognitive dysfunction (dementia) just as there is no cure for humans but there are medications that can slow the decline and prolong quality of life.
Thank you. I will be speaking to my vet about this. Ideally I want her physically checked because of the
Lipomas but I’m not sure he will see her for this. But maybe if I mention I’m worried about her breathing.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back