The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Badger...

Whippets Rule

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just had a big shock...poor old Badger just had a nasty fall on the concrete floor in our conservatory.

he slipped on the floor and his back end twisted out from under him....he hit his face on the door frame and now has a nasty L shaped cut under his eye and two big splits in his top lip.

I have never heard a dog squeal like that and hope never to hear it again.

Badger is fourteen next month and has no excess fat to cushion his fall.

what can I put on his face to help keep swelling down?

ps not taking him to emergency vets as he's been back up and down the concrete steps quite happily since and his wounds can be cleaned etc and wait until tomorrow,would just like to keep swelling down if possible.

Oh no how awful,poor old fella :(

Well to start with i'd give him some Arnica,& i would gently bathe the cuts in salt water & then put a cold cloth over to reduce swelling.

Have you got any scullcap & valerian to help calm his nerves as i'm sure he must be a bit shocked.

Think i'd be getting something down on theat concrete floor so it doesn't happen again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww poor lad, hope he gets over it quickly and is soon back to normal... :huggles:

yes could you not put an old piece of carpet down, just in case it happens again... :luck:

We hope Badger is going to be OK..................poor lad !!! We wish him a speedy recovery

Yvonne

;)

Bless his heart, i hope he soon feels better :luck:

Poor Badger :( Can't add any more to the advice given but wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery, poor chap. I fell over (tripped over a shoe!!) in my utility room today so I kind of understand what a shock he must have had.

Oh no how awful,poor old fella :( Well to start with i'd give him some Arnica,& i would gently bathe the cuts in salt water & then put a cold cloth over to reduce swelling.

Have you got any scullcap & valerian to help calm his nerves as i'm sure he must be a bit shocked.

Think i'd be getting something down on theat concrete floor so it doesn't happen again!
Thanks for the help..I've bathed his face and lip with salt water already and given him some metacam.

I immediately put a large piece of non-slip vetbed down in the doorway and ordered another roll of it off ebay.

have got some skullcap ans valerian somewhere so I'll dig that out as well...he seems quite shocked and keeps wandering down the garden or standing in the kitchen, he won't lie down but I've manipulated his legs and he has free movement and his spine doesn't seem to worry him as i've felt all along it and applied gentle pressure to each vertebrae...I think prob it's just shock...if he doesn't settle i'll just take him to the vets tonight to be on the safe side..

his top lip has started to swell quite a bit so i'm going to put some ice on it.

I cannot bear anything happening to him..he is an incredibly special dog and has been my trusty sidekick since he was 13 weeks old..a big part of me will die when he does...i've told him if he does it again I'm going to make him a bubble wrap suit :clown:

Poor old Badger. :( I wish him a very speedy recovery, :flowers: it's awful when they hurt themselves at any age but it's worse when they're oldies as they seem so vulnerable to knocks and bumps. Think the bubble wrap's a good idea!

Sorry to hear Badger had a fall, sending lots of good wishes for him :huggles:

Poor old Badger ... please make him a bubble wrap suit Mum.

Poor Badger,i wish him a speedy recovery,you do worry when they are elderly,my Willow had fall on the ice back in the winter,he is 12,bless him,luckily he was ok :thumbsup:

Poor old Badger :wub: :huggles: :huggles:

I lost dear Foxy last week because she had become so frail and was hurting badly after yet another fall. They mean so much and are such a big part of your life. I particularly miss her every evening when she used to sing for her supper.

Tell Badger to act his age and learn to slow down :wub:

I hope that he OK and feels better soon. :huggles:

How is Badger this morning? I hope he's feeling OK. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gill

Sorry to read this , Poor old Badger ,

Perhaps you should wrap him in vet bed too

gentle hugs he feels better today :luck:

Poor Badger , hope he is feeling better this morning :huggles:

Poor badger, hope hes feeling more himself today :wub:

Poor Badger, I hope he is feeling better today :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back