The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Edward

What a lovely little smile he's got! :* Hope the nasty pain went away quickly. My boys screamed the place down when they got done. Unfortunately Max had to have his done three times because it didn't fire! :(

Wicked Mummy!!! :angry: Poor Edward :wub: Thank goodness for chewy sticks :thumbsup:

Edwards lovely :wub: Im sure he'll be over it in no time. :luck:

(w00t) You mean you'd want him back if he got lost? :- " Only kidding :lol:

Poor Ed, doesn't look right bothered by it though :D

That's Elzi's brother by the way if anyone's interested :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see edward ever going missing :blink: ....leave the safety of the duvet :lol: ....never!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

while im off work this week it was on the long list of things to do ....only cost £10 to do at the local rspca :thumbsup:

The daft woman in the rspca thinks he's a rareity as she's never seen a liver whippet (w00t) :D

Brave lad, everythings forgotten thanks to chewies!

Actually someone posted yesterday on here with piks of a chocolate whippet, should be interesting to see how they look as an adult.

Poor thing,but all cause hes loved. I SAW PIC OF CHOCOLATE WHIPPET TOO.

Bet it will look lovely and shiny,must say i havent seen a pup of that colour before. :))

ooooooooooooh another chocolate one :eek: :eek: (w00t) ...that'll be interesting :thumbsup:

poor ed has taken refuge upstairs under the duvet o:)

Poor thing!! Fletcher never seemed to notice having his done at all. He just sort of stood there saying "yeah, and, what am I on this table for".

My husband pointed out to me recently that you can feel it on his shoulder even though I thought they did it in his neck. Can anyone else feel the chip??

Jenny x

I can feel ed's...but maybe thats because i know where it was done . I would think they'd be pretty easy to feel on a whip because the skins so thin.

aww so handsome and so long suffering :wub: beautiful colour

Interesting. If he were a pedigree Whippet I would say his clour must be the result of a random spontaneous mutation. As he is not, maybe there are some Pharaoh hounds few generations back. :) Do you know his background, the colours of his parents and siblings?

ed's mum(nch hobgoblin) is orange parti, his dad (nch rch stewart)was blue/black parti

His 2 sisters are vicky's ella/taylor maid (blue part) and tonys amber/moonpie (orange parti)

If it was'nt for knowing how he's been bred (generations/generations ago) i would have thought he'd got some dodgy genes (w00t)

Obviously with him being a non ped there's some greyhound in him and supposidly years n years ago they used to put staff in non ped whippet to give them a bit more "get up n go"

obviously ed's got loads of that cos yet again he's under the duvet :p

michelle said:
I can feel ed's...but maybe thats because i know where it was done . I would think they'd be pretty easy to feel on a whip because the skins so thin.
I can feel Wilf's too (and was just about to ask the same question) I can actually see the position it is in and can move it off the shoulder blade into a convenient gap - but it obviously likes it on top of the shoulder blade and a'cos it always ends up back there :- "

michelle said:
ed's mum(nch hobgoblin) is orange parti, his dad (nch rch stewart)was blue/black partiHis 2 sisters are vicky's ella/taylor maid (blue part) and tonys amber/moonpie (orange parti)

If it was'nt for knowing how he's been bred (generations/generations ago) i would have thought he'd got some dodgy genes (w00t)

Obviously with him being a non ped there's some greyhound in him and supposidly years n years ago they used to put staff in non ped whippet to give them a bit more "get up n go"

obviously ed's got loads of that cos yet again he's under the duvet :p

If he did not have brown nose I would just say he is strange shade of fawn. Was his nose always so pale? And what is the pigment in rest of his family?

Seraphina said:
If he did not have brown nose I would just say he is strange shade of fawn.  Was his nose always so pale?  And what is the pigment in rest of his family?
His mother was a fawn particolour with a pale nose and his father was a black and white particolour with a black nose. He has a sister who is a blue particolour with a black nose and another sister who is a fawn particolour with a pale nose. hth

If Edward's nose was originally dark there is a possibility that the depigmantation is caused by one of several ailments and not by the liver gene. There is also a condition called "winter nose" where perfectly normal black nose fades out in winter - nothing to worry about. :)

Seraphina said:
If Edward's nose was originally dark there is a possibility that the depigmantation is caused by one of several ailments and not by the liver gene.  There is also a condition called "winter nose" where perfectly normal black nose fades out in winter - nothing to worry about. :)
He was born with a pale nose as was one of his sisters. He also has pale eye lids and lips (as does his sister and mother). It's inconceivable that it isn't caused by the d alle

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back