The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Lily had her first fight !

Mayblossom

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Guess we’ve been lucky getting through ten years without a fight but today she had a real set to with a Visla , met up with a dog walker friend who had her 6 month old retriever and a clients dog, met him before and he’s a bit of a brute, anyway he was growling at the pup and Lily went into protection mode, sadly she came off worst due to lack of teeth :( has quite a few bite marks on her shoulder, ear, chest and neck. None are deep and I’ve cleaned and put Tcp on them. Will keep an eye on them and if they get worse we’ll be off to the vets...not a good year for little Lils, bless her .

Oh no, poor Lily! And poor you, what a shock. She was very brave to stand up to the vizla. I hope she recovers well and it hasn't upset her (or you) too much xx

Thanks Judy, didn’t spot all the bites til we got back home , Lils was in a rush to escape ! She’s looking a bit sad but did eat her dinner so must be feeling reasonably ok, just wish she’d pick on something her own size!

Oh poor girl. Hope she bounces back without any lasting effects.

Poor girl is really miserable tonight, not playing with her ball like she usually does :( didn’t want to go onto the common where she had the fight so we had a little walk around the roads and she was keen to come home.

Oh poor Lilly :(

Hope she forgets about it soon!

Poor girl is really miserable tonight, not playing with her ball like she usually does :( didn’t want to go onto the common where she had the fight so we had a little walk around the roads and she was keen to come home.

Poor lass. Can you take her on a different but still familiar walk tomorrow where you can jolly her along like everything is normal?

Poor lass. Can you take her on a different but still familiar walk tomorrow where you can jolly her along like everything is normal?

Yes I can Jo, she can still go off lead on a different area of the common , somewhere the Vizla doesn’t go, these toughie terriers aren’t quite as tough as they make out :rolleyes:I feel so sorry for her, hope she’s a bit happier tomorrow.

She might feel quite bruised and sore as well.

Definitely Judy, I had to drag her off the other dog and I wasn’t that gentle in my panic! Not a mark on the other dog, poor girlie got the worst of it :(

Somehow need to make sure she and the vizsla don’t meet again...
My previous boy had a fight with a Shar Pei when he was very young, then met the other dog 2 years later, and both were ready to pick it up right where they left it, and finish it off. (And all his life he hated Shar Peis.. I don’t know how many vizslas there are around you, but I would probably try to avoid them all somehow, for now).

Luckily the dog walker only has this dog once a week and we can easily avoid it, does have a bit of a reputation for being feisty ! Lily has known the pup she was protecting since it was 10 weeks old and they are often together on walks now and she never used to take much notice of it but no way was she going to let this Viz growl at it! Just as well Lils only has a few teeth or the outcome might have been different !
She’s not too bad thanks Kara ,one of the bites is deeper than the others but keeping it clean and seems to be closing up, will keep an eye on it in case it needs the vet and some anti b’s .

Is the dog walker going to have a word with the vizsla's owner? It sounds like it really should be wearing a muzzle.

I never really noticed who started the fight Judy so could well have been Lily, her personality has definitely changed since we lost Molly, guess she feels she has something to prove being on her own, I very nearly put her on her lead when the Viz was growling but thought she’d be ok with it ...obviously not :eek: I’ll be ready in future! Six of one and half a dozen of the other as they say ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back