The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Poppy

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
poor poppy is having a phantom pregnancy,her teats are very large and tonight she been trying to mother poor rosie (not that rosie is complianing )she doesnt seem unwell but is nesting and really over protective of rosie ,i am however disscouraging this ...or should i allow it to happen ? im thinking not as it will only prolong it for her any advise gratfully recieved ,tia used to have them but not to this extent were she was nesting and trying to nurse any of the others :teehee:

If she is mothering a toy or such like take it away as this does prolong it...not much you can do if she thinks your other dog is her pup. I would recommend getting some Dorwest Raspberry leaf for the next season, which you give from day one of the season for 9/10 weeks.

Iggie bitches seem to be very prone to phantoms. If you go to the vet and get gallostop that will help. If you are not going to breed then spaying is the best option.

Its always a bit sad when they get a phantom.

Hope she starts to feel better soon

Iggie bitches seem to be very prone to phantoms. If you go to the vet and get gallostop that will help. If you are not going to breed then spaying is the best option.

thanks for the advice jan and t hoar ,thats what i though that it may prolong it if shes aloud to keep mothering , will pop to the vets this morning :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks for the advice jan and t hoar ,thats what i though that it may prolong it if shes aloud to keep mothering , will pop to the vets this morning :thumbsup:
I just noticed this and was going to say the same as Jan!

:thumbsup:

Cut her food back & give her plenty of exercise :thumbsup:

Canine cures do an excellent remedy called Prevphan.I think it's a strong dose of Pulsatilla. You give them a pill on the 14th ay of their season & then one a week for 9 weeks.I know it's too late this time,but if you don't have her spayed ( which would be the better option)i should get some in for next time :thumbsup:

Their no. is 0845 1279903

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back