The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Possible tick on chihuahua

McVicar77

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there I was wondering if you kind people may offer some advice on whether you think the attached picture is a tick of some sort - we noticed our elderly chihuahua was trying to rub his neck on the floor and when we took a look we found the following - initially thinking it was a tick but to be honest I'm not so sure as it doesn't look to me like something that is, or was, alive! Obviously we can take him to the vets to get it checked out but thought it worthwhile seeing what others thought as well.
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
IMG-20181015-WA0000.jpg

It doesn't look like a tick to me - they usually have dark bodies. I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to what it is though, as it would be just a guess.

It just looks like a little lump/skin tag to me, quite common with elderly dogs. Always best to be on the safe side though and pop to the vets, because if it is a tick, you'd need the vet to remove it anyway and it's always best to get new lumps checked out.

Thanks so much for your replies, it's reassuring to hear, will keep an eye on things initially and if any probs get him to the vets.

Doesn’t look like a tick. My boy has a few little lumps like @Jack-Russell-Lover has described and I often mistake them for ticks!

Mine get ticks especially in the summer and i remove them myself. ..i have a tick remover ...
Looks like a lump my older boy gets ...sometimes they pop and white muck comes out but they are harmless ...just keep an eye on it ...

Horrible little things ticks are,my mates springer was covered in them after a weekend in the field. Took us ages to find and unscrew the little suckers.

Mine get ticks especially in the summer and i remove them myself. ..i have a tick remover ...
Looks like a lump my older boy gets ...sometimes they pop and white muck comes out but they are harmless ...just keep an eye on it ...

Ewwwww!! :eek::eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back