The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Posting Attachments

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Congratulations to Mark Roberts and Kristy on being the first 2 people to try posting with attachments. Mark Posted his Northern Open Entry form as a Word document and Kristy posted the photographs of her Labs. This is a new 'enhanced' posting feature of the new software.

For those who haven't tried it yet you just write your post as usual and attach your file - just like you would with an email. The file (photograph, Word document etc) gets uploaded to the server here.

When you post an item you will see just below where you type your reply a 'File Attachments' section. Click on the browse button to find your file. Then just add your reply as normal.

Ideally your images should be less than 400 pixels wide or high and no more than around 50Kb in size. Acceptable image formats are jpg and gif as well as swf Flash files - I think that's right anyway.

Please ensure you own the copyright of any images or documents posted (or have permission from the copyright owner) before posting.

Enjoy.

Hi Nigel

I realy like the new feature, I spoted it at the bottom of the page and had to give it a go.

Thought it was great that I could load the open entry form for people to down load and print and it works as I printed one off (sad or what) :p

See u soon Mark

Can an PC idiot like me do it as well??  ???

What a gorgeous puppy Karen.

Who says your a PC idiot! :D

:D

Let me see if i can mess this up  ???

Wow i impressed myself there!!! apart from being too big for the page :D

I will be snapping away tomorrow so that i can finally post some pics of my pups (i thought they'd get to veterans before i finally managed it) :p

Vicky :D

We should re-name this the weird white dog page, you think tony could have posted a nicer picture ???

hi steve naz has sent kipper a photo,as kipper has only

ever seen naz from behind.

debbie :(   :)   ;)

Just as a matter of interest, Nigel do these photos we are posting eat up the available space?

Hi Karen,

Yes, if you use the 'attach' facility the files get strored on the K9 server.

I will prune them out again over time, but I've got enough space for several thousand - so I don't suppose I'll run out of space real quick   ;)

As well as a physical space limit on the server there is also a bandwidth limit - that's the amount of traffic that is allowed each month. Simple text doesn't use much, but pictures etc use quite a lot. For example the picture of Wonderwall is 22kb - so each time someone sees that picture that's 22kb off my bandwidth limit for that month. I've got 50Gb of traffic allowed per month - so again don't worry, I think we'll be ok for a while.

Just keep on posting   :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back