The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pre Existing Condition Clause

Jeanette245

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello Everyonr

I have a lovely 16 month old female Working Cocker Spaniel (pet only). In Feb 2024 she had a one off trip to vet as sick and bloody stools. Given anti sickness injection and antibiotics injection. Recoved within a day.

May 2024 I joined pet insurance company for cover for Rosie to cover for new conditions and clicked no pre-conditIon.

Endi July Rosie was very ill suddenly with sore neck and back,plus ear infection and has meds, urine sample, Ultrasound, lblood tests etc and now on steroids and doing great. Vet has not been able to diagnose the condition she has. I put claim in for this but worried they will not pay out as seen for something not related in Feb. Your help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry she has been poorly. Insurance decisions can be hard to predict - is it worth giving them a call to see what they are planning?

I don't know about the insurance aspects, though it would seem highly unfair to penalise everyone who had had the odd tummy upset before being insured. I do wonder, however, if it would be best not to query this in advance - the fact that you think it might possibly be relevant might be enough for them to start wondering what they can get away with...

I don't know about the insurance aspects, though it would seem highly unfair to penalise everyone who had had the odd tummy upset before being insured. I do wonder, however, if it would be best not to query this in advance - the fact that you think it might possibly be relevant might be enough for them to start wondering what they can get away with...
Hi Judy the one off visit was completely different to new complaint. Thank.you for your help.

My rescue dog had allergies on arrival just over a year ago - itching, scratching, that sort of thing. He was prescribed Apoquel (I think that's how it's spelt!) which eased it. He was on it for a short period of time, and this year during the height of summer, he hasn't had any obvious allergy symptoms. We don't have insurance, but I asked my vet recently to review Rusty's records to see what would count as an existing condition, and this was one of the things, even though he's not had issues since he first joined us! He's also had a couple of instances of an upset tummy, and they said that would count, too. Now these aren't insurance companies saying this, but it does seem odd these things would be classed as existing conditions when it was just treatment required at one point in time.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back