The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Prefix/affix

Just to put the record straight, after seeing Geoffs comment on Monday morning i messaged Geoff and took full responsibility for the error, i told him that i would speak to the owners of said dog and explained the error that I HAD MADE, i spoke to Carole staight away, she will be sending me her BWRA card with a NEW NAME,again i message Geoff to let him know that it had been sorted, so i do not see the need for all of the shit on here, we can all make mistakes :oops:

Just to put the record straight, after seeing Geoffs comment on Monday morning i messaged Geoff and took full responsibility for the error, i told him that i would speak to the owners of said dog and explained the error that I HAD MADE, i spoke to Carole staight away, she will be sending me her BWRA card with a NEW NAME,again i message Geoff to let him know that it had been sorted, so i do not see the need for all of the shit on here, we can all make mistakes :oops:
well said alison and well done for being honest enough to own up to a genuine mistake.wish a few more where like you. :oops:

yes genuine mistake alison,loads of names on there been used,my dogs included,and i think geoffs only carrying on having a joke ;)

arent they suppose to only last for 10 years? i may be wrong?? and only a fiver i think to affix and prefix?

i think its a stupid rule,people whos in the dogs know whats what and should use whatever they like..

if we ask nice the people who have there own breeding, 99.99% they let you use them

this is just my opinion,but the rule is daft :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well said Kenny! As you say mistakes happen and at least Alison has acknowledged it, which is more than a lot of people do! Such rows as this are liable to put off people who are new to our sport, as the owners' concerned are! It's all so silly and petty! IMO :thumbsup:

have just looked at the prefix / affix list i have HELLS AND BOUND and i know Ricky as Hell and they are not on the list, if the breeding is from my dogs i always like them to use my prefix / affix if people wish to,

like you have said a error not to worry Alison you are trying to put it right and it is only a racing name,

it could have been alot worse you could have put the wrong breeding down and the wrong D.O.B ..... but then who would make a mistake like that ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Alison, as far as I was concerned, it was the end of the matter when we spoke on the phone on monday.

Then yesterday I see comments on the other thread saying that the BWRA should have allowed the people in question to have kept the name Brown Sugar. We have spoken to Carole by pm explaining the rules about prefix & affix and told her to contact the bwra, the conversation was amicable with no hard feelings( on my part.)

The reason I put a new topic on, was not to spoil the other thread, and so people can see for themselves what prefixs/affixs people have :thumbsup:

have just looked at the prefix / affix list i have HELLS AND BOUND and i know Ricky as Hell and they are not on the list, if the breeding is from my dogs i always like them to use my prefix / affix if people wish to,

like you have said a error not to worry Alison you are trying to put it right and it is only a racing name,

it could have been alot worse you could have put the wrong breeding down and the wrong D.O.B ..... but then who would make a mistake like that ???

Robin Hood comes to mind when I read your posts, also, you didn't practise what you preached 0 %, did you ? Must dash, our Mouse is due to pup any day soon so close to Penny aswell, better not get these pups mixed up OOPS

(w00t) :thumbsup:
You been on the bottle again ? hic hic

it used to be a fiver kenny but im sure i paid £10 or £20 and that was only for the one after the name like whizz after my dogs names i think it was £10 or £20 to have it b4 i cant remember but it was deffo more than a fiver.

you will get comments on here when you post something like this and we all find out you have sorted it on monday morning same day( so why put it on) some people could cause an argument in an empty house

bett

you will get comments on here when you post something like this and we all find out you have sorted it on monday morning same day( so why put it on) some people could cause an argument in an empty house

bett
:ermm: You're so right Bett! There are also folk who can't help being rude and offensive for no good reason. Let's call a halt to insulting language! :ermm:

its a canny thread but that rule needs to be looked at

its daft,i remember a few years ago,i ran a little 16lb er we called her peanut

someone had that name so i never got it,so i picked my girl then a year or 2 later there was a dog

running under mygirl,strange,but there you go,anyway i dont race now, so i dont care what names are used,

but i do think that that rule should be thrown out.as no doubt theres names people are using now that were used years ago

and its a pitty that someone picks a good name and that pup doesnt make the grade that names lost for i think ten years correct

me carrol lol ? 20 quid is that what it is dear me,im shocked thats exspensive..

anyway if the pup picker asks the breeder i think its an honour for the name to be carried on

anyway its all sorted now :thumbsup:

'Must dash, our Mouse is due to pup any day soon so close to Penny aswell, better not get these pups mixed up OOPS'

but you have never mixed up 2 litter's (w00t) you only ever had 1 litter as we all no :sweating:

i ve just read what geoff has been on about & he s right, if it happened to anyone else nothing would have been said.and as for sugar mouse its all over & done with,as my brother use to say you can't live in the past !

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back