The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pro Plan

EMILY

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Having tried several different puppy complete foods (and tins) Zair has decided that he is VERY keen on Pro Plan puppy - chicken and rice variety! I know many people on K9 feed a natural meat diet to their dogs (chicken wings, necks, mince etc) but I personally prefer to use a complete puppy food at this stage, although Zair does often get rice, meat etc from our own dinner if we have cooked too much etc! Does anyone else use ProPlan or have has anyone used it in the past and not been happy with it for some reason? I am a little worried about what is actually in the food compared to the ingrediants given on the packaging but Zair does love it and his bowl is clean at every meal time (unlike other varieties of complete foods which he often left).

I fed mainly meat/biscuit but I do use complete feeds as a filler-upper. I usually use Burgess Supagreyhound but we won some Pro-plan once and I have to say that my Whips did like it and it did not seem to affect them in any way adversely so if your pup likes it ................feed it!!!

I'm feeding Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice to a whippet puppy (now 5 months old). She likes it, and she is in great condition. :thumbsup:

Dusilla said:
I'm feeding Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice to a whippet puppy (now 5 months old). She likes it, and she is in great condition.  :thumbsup:
Well if my lurcher pup looks like your whippets then I will continue feeding the Pro Plan! Your dogs are :wub: :wub: Zair certainly seems to love the Pro Plan and often asks for more!

EMILY said:
Dusilla said:
I'm feeding Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice to a whippet puppy (now 5 months old). She likes it, and she is in great condition.  :thumbsup:
Well if my lurcher pup looks like your whippets then I will continue feeding the Pro Plan! Your dogs are :wub: :wub: Zair certainly seems to love the Pro Plan and often asks for more!

:) I feed pro plan they love it, have tried many others but they go of them in a few days.

They do have tripe for breakfast :x

Tryed Zeb on pro plan would not eat it,

James.w.b would not eat it,

Bakers would not eat it,

burns when he finally eat it made him sick,

immes (sorry about spelling) would not eat it,

Pedigree complete would not eat it,

Tescos complete would not eat it.

science diet would not eat it,

frolicks you'v guessed it would not eat it.

The only dry food he will eat is a bonio in the morning when i go to work and then he leaves it until i came home.(if he does not knick it from the work top)

so i give him tinned food and bones. going to try him on chicken wings on saturday night.

Ours wont touch Pro-Plan,but it is a premium extruded kibble and should contain what is listed on the back? The list of ingredients should start with the most abundant ingredient first and then work down in descending order,that is always how you can tell a good quality food (if meat is listed top rather than cereal) We feed Eukanuba which is similar to Pro-Plan and before it starts a whole conflab again,it suits us and our dogs and that is what imo is the most important thing :b

We do give them chicken wings and tripe for breakfast and they get pulped fresh fruit & veg at dinner time,but their dry food is put out after their brekkie and by dinner time it's all gone. :D So they certainly like it! If your pup is eating his food and looks good with it I don't see a problem! :D

Good luck with him :thumbsup:

05whippet said:
We feed Eukanuba which is similar to Pro-Plan and before it starts a whole conflab again,it suits us and our dogs and that is what imo is the most important thing  :b

LOL! what DO you mean!!!

EMILY said:
Having tried several different puppy complete foods (and tins) Zair has decided that he is VERY keen on Pro Plan puppy - chicken and rice variety!  I know many people on K9 feed a natural meat diet to their dogs (chicken wings, necks, mince etc) but I personally prefer to use a complete puppy food at this stage, although Zair does often get rice, meat etc from our own dinner if we have cooked too much etc!  Does anyone else use ProPlan or have has anyone used it in the past and not been happy with it for some reason?  I am a little worried about what is actually in the food compared to the ingrediants given on the packaging but Zair does love it and his bowl is clean at every meal time (unlike other varieties of complete foods which he often left).
I have in the past used Pro-plan and my dogs did OK on it, there are however moral issues associated with a lot of petfood companies that you should be aware of in order to make an informed choice,Animal testing companies

I know there have been a lot of heated threads on different boards about kibble/BARF, I don't want to stir up a hornets nest :- "

EMILY said:
Having tried several different puppy complete foods (and tins) Zair has decided that he is VERY keen on Pro Plan puppy - chicken and rice variety!  I know many people on K9 feed a natural meat diet to their dogs (chicken wings, necks, mince etc) but I personally prefer to use a complete puppy food at this stage, although Zair does often get rice, meat etc from our own dinner if we have cooked too much etc!  Does anyone else use ProPlan or have has anyone used it in the past and not been happy with it for some reason?  I am a little worried about what is actually in the food compared to the ingrediants given on the packaging but Zair does love it and his bowl is clean at every meal time (unlike other varieties of complete foods which he often left).
Hi, I'm from Canada and I was feeding my greyhound raw but then I became preg. and was totally turned off raws. I found at my local pet store a new food that is raw but dry and my grey boy looks soooo very good! My whippet girl on the other hand likes it 40% of the time only if it has cream, egg and cold fish oil.

I don't know what kinds of dog foods you have over there but maybe you can see if you have something in this line. It's called " Innova " by Evo evolutionary diet.

It's made with raw ingredients with no grains...

Here's a web page for you to check out explaining all about this food

www.naturapet.com

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Mel :thumbsup:

love the idea of natural stuff like mince ,pasta,cereal etc

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back